New Member Follow User Gallery
    Blacksburg, VA for school and Seattle, WA for summer work

Your work is hugely inspirational. I checked out your blog, and you have come a long way since your first models! I especially liked the "smile practice" monster.

Member Follow User Gallery

Great work!
    Hey, you can cooperate with them!!!
    http://industriamechanika.com/blog/
    What do you think?

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Breaking Bad- Walter White

Hey everyone, i i havent post anything for a while mainly because my full time job as a character artist at Sony San Diego and i am still doing some freelance works at the same time, but i have been modeling and sculpting this piece only using my free time (which is around 5 hours per week).

I know someone just got the top row with Mr. White portrait, i really like his render, and i am not here to compare or anything, just want to share my version of Walter White with you guys.

I have seen a lot of people doing Mr. White's portrait from different CG site after this TV show got so popular, but i always think there is something missing in those pieces , therefore i have decided to try my own version, see if i can push it to the next level. My goal is to capture his likeness of the whole face from all different angles. To me, because this TV show has gotten so popular, it also makes it easy for people to recognize him, (basically a bold guy with glasses and beard.) So one of the challenging part to me is to capture his likeness without his beard and glasses.

Anyway, here is what i got so far, i just finished the head details and ready to move on to his lab suit and mask, after i finish the details in zbrush, i will render him in either max or maya, hope i can find some time to finish this piece soon, and please let me know what you guys think, i would love to hear some critiques to help me improve this piece! Thanks guys and hope you guys like it!

This is just really basic bpr render, will do a good one after finish his mask and suit

Specially thanks Rafael Grassetti for the critiques!

Cheers and Happy Zbrushing!!
    Frank Tzeng- Lead 3D Character Artist at Naughty Dog
    My Website
    Facebook Fan Page

I love that guy. You did him justice

Very nice sculpting!

Great work and my favorite show. You obviously applied yourself !!

http://simongrell.co.uk/

very nice, I enjoy the stretching applied to the skin around the ears, that always bothered me that not a lot of sculptors caught that, they just added the wrinkles but not the stretch.
    Lead Character Artist
    Firaxis Games
    -artstation

Frank,

As always, superb attention to details and you bring life to a CG face....well done!

Stephen

Member Follow User Gallery

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. It's funny, this is a flawless likeness of Bryan Cranston. Even with the wrinkles, though, it looks like a younger Cranston from Malcom in the Middle. I'm eager to see what your model looks like with some color!

Amazing job so far, i dont wanna be an ******* or anything but, I think yours is much better then the one current on top row..
    keep the good work man and congrats on job position

absolutely amazing!!!!! what did you do to improve so much within 10 months ???!! cant wait to see some super realistic renders.

I am not here to compare both works.... but I have to say that the basic model is better in this thread than the top row work. The plane changes, facial proportion, and the skin details are just better. I really really enjoy this work...

funny your thread keep bringing me back without knowing it's your thread.....mind sharing what kind of alpha and techni do you use on the skin details?

Cheers,
    C
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/carson.yuen

Oh wow! I think this is the best Walter White I've seen and there are a lot of great ones out there. Awesome!

Excellent sculpt.

Thumbs up

very nice! love the show and your sculpt. Cant wait for the final image

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171824 ... LastLast