ZBrushCentral

Inverted mesh extraction

First, please forgive if I mess up terminology I’m new to all this. I had separated the head from the body to make it a separate subtool. And I tried to extract a mesh by masking the body, but when I do it the extraction is inside the body. And when I the same on the head it is on the outside, how I want it. How do I get the extraction to be outside the body? I just want to make a shirt.
mesh prob.jpg

Make sure the ‘Thick’ slider beside the ‘Extract’ button is in the plus range and not the minus range before you extract.

Yep, I made sure it was in the positive. I also tried in the negative to see if any thing would happen, you never know. And no luck.

Hmmm thats a strange one, i notice the parts obviously pressing inwards rather than out seem to be symmetrical, did you use any sort of mirror or symmetry or resym/smart resym on the body while making it? (before the extracting i mean)

Hello Mat

Maybe your surface normals are flipped. Check the display properties to make sure they are pointing in the right direction

Thanks for the help people! I have not worked on this guy for a couple days. Because the problem so I started a new thing. I opened him up again went down to display properties and turned off double. Then tried to do a mask then mesh extraction and it worked fine. I swear I tried that and other things to nothing working, so I have no idea if that is what it was or some glitch. But now all is good. I now just need to figure out how to scale his hands larger with out some odd finger distortions. The magic of sculpting in a computer.

Thanks again folks.
Mat