New Member Follow User Gallery

Post Modeling a Guitar

Hi
    I am very new to the demo of Zbrush. I need one or two clarifications before I buy it. I need to know if it will provide the tools I need for my sculptures.
    Is it possible to model a guitar and twist it on a veritcal axis maintaining it in 3d form so I can veiw all angles as I experiment with various twists? If so what 3d tool would you begin with and how would you cut out the contours. Like a violin the guitar needs to have crisp cuts in the sides. I need it to be very flat on the front and back faces.
    thank you in advance for any help
    Greg

i can only say that zBrush is not very good in modelling not organic stuff like cars and guitars maybe...

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Arrow

May be that can help you.

after make 3D use the flatten option in tool>deformation to clean the faces.

edit:
    or more simple.
    (this model is textured quickly without really adjusting it this guitar was bought at "2 minut'shop" thus forgive the defects of this Christmas present, Zerebrush .)

Talking

Excellent, Fouad...

I imagine you could also do this by starting with a hollow cylinder for the side walls. Use X-mirror symmetry and Edit:Move to bring in the left and right sides. Then you could use that form as the basis of creating a top and bottom alpha. The top and bottom pieces would then exactly match the side walls. So it is actually possible to do it all in ZBrush without making alphas in an external program.
    Jay

"Talent and all that for the most part is nothing but hogwash. Any schoolboy with a little aptitude might very well draw better than I perhaps; but what he most often lacks is the tough yearning for realization, the teeth-grinding obstinacy and saying: even though I know I'm not capable of it, I'm still going to do it." -- M.C. Escher, in a letter to his son Arthur, 12 February 1955

http://www.ejectejecteject.com/

@Fouad: I wish Steinberg would build it!!!

Very good thinking Fouad! And the last model
    is a killer along with excellent texturing.
    Thanks for the step by step view!
    Happy brushing!

Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

Thumbs up

Fouad...you rock! Nice guitars!
    Dave

@fouad: I was serious , own a Steinberg for I guess ten years now, and they do NOT have mechanics like all the others: those tuning gears are sitting right behind the bridge, making the instrument shorter & you can easily correct some tuning while playing! So my wish for an accoustic with these specs was really serious !!