ZBrushCentral

introduction ... (update + tutorial)

Hello to all,
i have been a lurker on this forum for 3 months already … thought it was time to be a little bit more fair :slight_smile:

playing with the alphacentury zscript…

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

The smiles says it all…
First post? I cant imagine your next work but one thing is for sure, it´ll be an high quality work! :+1: :+1: :+1:

A wonderful first post, with a very original approach to the AlphaCentury method, and some great rocks, take it from a StoneCutter! :wink:
:+1: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Welcome aboard!!! :slight_smile:

Welcome and WOW! :smiley:

Welcome aboard! Fantastic landscape! Looks like the surface of one of Jupiter’s moons! :smiley: :+1:

Welcome!! :smiley:
Thank you for sharing your work. It’s an inspiration and VERY well executed. :+1: :+1:

The ground affect and horizon GRAB my attention. Mystical.

Hope to see more of your work soon. :+1: :+1:

Congratulations on an excellent first post! I welcome you and look forward to viewing more of your work in the future.

thanks to all, for the nice words :slight_smile:

Here is a sunset on another one of jupiter’s moon, for you mentat :slight_smile:
(alphacentury again)

You’re doing some excellent work, S…Looks like you were practising, as well as lurking!
:wink:
:+1: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses:

these are super :sunglasses: vistas, Sarum!!! what a perfect and multimultimulti- :+1: introduction. welcome!!! i admire these great geological and atmospherical studies. my fav is the shadow and lights on the rocks in the first one and the adorable sky. excellentest!

• juandel

The sun in the second picture is so bright, it actually hurt my eyes! Very surreal and vivid pics, friend. I like the terrains you are doing (I can’t get the knack, yet).

> Looks like you were practising, as well as lurking!

Only a fool would get zbrush and not use it :slight_smile:

Exploring a fairly uncharted area there S, good to see you onboard.

G

Nice image, excellent first post. :slight_smile: :+1: :+1:
Dave

love both of them…and welcome to parenthood in ZBC, coz you just gave birth to 2 very beautiful pieces :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Wow spectacular update. Could you share with us the methods used to create it? I know my repertoire would benefit greatly!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

a fabulous image for a first post. Welcome to Z land.

Great first images :+1: :+1: :+1:
Welcome to ZBC.

stargo

Once again, thanks all :slight_smile:

About the tutorial, i have been trying several times to make a zscript , but everything goes wrong when replayed.
Here is what the script should produce :

Instead i get this ???

I cant figure out why, so if any zguru want to look at it, here is the script : zlandscript.txt

Until i can figure out the problem, here is a quick tutorial (forgive me if i go fast, but i had only 20mns left)

1 : using the alphacentury technique, create a 3d plane (in tool => modifiers => initialize => use the following settings : hDivide=320 and vDivide=240) , import your alpha, press ALP in the selection panel, then OFFSET (with only Zaxis selected ) in the deformation panel. At this point, its not very important what the thing look like, we just need plenty of details.

2 : Once stage 1 is done, scale the object x4 to x8, then rotate it until you find a view with some potential. Apply some smoothing if required and a tiny bit of inflat

3 : Clear the selection, bring draw size to 12 or something like that. Select move on the transform panel, and start shaping your landscape. Since we are only working on a small part of the object (due to the scaling) there is not that many polygons involved and its pretty easy to do.

4 : More pushing and pulling. If you want to make a cavern for example, select the draw pointer instead of move, turn off color and material, replace zadd with zcut, and go for it .

5 : same than 4 with a material and a texture added.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask … sometimes i dont have access to a computer, so be patient if answer not coming right away :slight_smile:

i tried to run the script twice and am no scriptguru whatsoever, so i have no explanation why i got a item not found message txtr22 the first time and a item not found message regarding popupreflect4 the second time right before i was thrown out :frowning:

in case you either changed canvas size or did zooming in/out which might lead to certain problems (as per version 1.23b) and you are on a pc (unlike myself) you might want to give the zfix-app a try that Pixolator posted into this thread. sorry i cant be of any help here, but i sure hope this can be worked out.

anyway: thanks a lot for sharing your scaping technique!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

• juandel