ZBrushCentral

Tutorial on Controlling Draw Depth

Boozy Floozie had asked a question about how to simulate the layers in Photoshop when working with ZBrush. Unfortunately, my answer to her made no sense in written form. So, given the success of the Vegetation Tutorial, I decided to write another ZScript tutorial that would show what I’m talking about.

This goes into a fair amount of detail for two different ways to control the depth that you draw at when working in ZBrush.

I decided to post it here, rather than in the other thread, because other people might find it useful, too.

Have fun!

You can download it here: Layers.zip

If there’s a race to say well-done then I’m the winner!

:+1: W E L L  _ D O N E _ A U R I C K!!!      :+1:

Another nice tutorial and easy to follow. This will go down well in the ZB community. Hey is there any chance this could be stored at Digits ZPlace as well as your Vegetation Script? This will save it getting lost from the ravages of time!
Upham :slight_smile:

If Digits wants to put them there, that’s fine with me.

I’m glad you found it informative. I tried to write it in a way that it wouldn’t blow “newbies” away, while still managing to be useful to more experienced hands.

Funny, I was going to ask you if it would be ok with you to post them on Z-Place. Much appreciated! A picture is worth a thousand words!

Well done…
If you continue you’re going to beat every one here at Pixologic!!!
Excellent tutorial.
jaime

Good job Aurick, this is a useful idea! (I’ll go give it another go. :))
BTW, a ZScript tip, if you put your captions in quotation marks then you can have spces in words, like Moveithere could be Move it here.
Again great Script! :slight_smile:

Thanks, Muvlo. I wasn’t entirely sure on that count. Good to know that I can do it that way. At least this one only took about 3 hours to create. Much better than the 7 for vegetation…

Great tutorial Aurick!

-ZuZu :slight_smile:

ok Aurick !!
thx for this post
and sorry for repeat my question before reading this post… :frowning:

I was wondering if tutorials , like the one you made can be translated and made available on other sites without permission (but with the name of the creator on it) ?

Thanks for the script Aurick! I’ll give it a go… :slight_smile:

Hi The Namek,

You should ALWAYS ask permission before doing something like that, even with credit being given to the original author. Most people will give that permission if asked, but many would also take offense if not asked. Better to be both on the safe side, and courteous! :slight_smile:

you need to fixs the Transparncy button find and 2 under it.
:large_orange_diamond: no setting in Material for Transparncy.
:large_orange_diamond: The MRGBZGrabber is still in the Main Tool Window you need to have the 3D Plane to change Material because it locks Material out if the MRGBZgrabber in the main window
and you can’t change to GelShader for Transparncey

ok thanks aurick (pretty quick answer) :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just that there are a lot of good tutorials to be translated and I don’t know who made some of the scripts on my hd , almost all of them are called “userfilexxxxxxx” :stuck_out_tongue:

Namek - I agree entirely with Aurick’s remarks, but appreciate the problem you now have.

Have you tried using the Search feature (top of every Forum page) to try and locate the author of scripts that you want to translate? You may have to try a few different key words to get the result you want. It’s not perfect, but may help.

In some cases, skimming the relevant sections of the QuickLinks pages may also help track it down.

If, when you run the script it displays a title rather than just a Play button, I may be able to help locate the author if you drop me a Private Message or email. I keep a copy of many of the posts on my hard drive all indexed by subject and script name (if any). If there’s no title though, I won’t be able to help as I rename all the “userfilexxx.x” files with the actual script name on my local copy.

The link to layers.zip at top of page is broken. Where is the file now?

Best Thoughts, James

I am also getting a “page not found error”

Greetings,
Lilliane

I’d be interested in this too, but the link is broken and I can’t find it on Digits page either. any chance of reuploading this?

guess not?..:rolleyes:

wait isnt this from 2001??