ZBrushCentral

5h4ne's work thread

Hello everyone!

I’m a new zbrush user. Here’s my first sculpt and texture job.
I’ll try to update as and when I get more work done.
Thanks for looking - any feedback welcome :slight_smile:

head_a.jpg

Hey 5h4ne,

This is some nice work especially for someone new to Zbrush!

I would say however that he is looking a little lumpy. This can often be difficult to avoid, I for one found my first few sculpts being a bit lumpy.
My suggestion would be to work as much as you can on lower subdivisions, and only once your happy with forms at that level subdividing again and adding the next level of detail. you will find that it makes it easier to maintain a clean sculpt.

Great work all the same, keep it up :D:+1:

Good start.:+1:
if you can, put a non-textured image to see details of the model.

Thanks for the feedback Sinhouse. I appreciate your comments and can see where you’re coming from. I might give it a go to see what happens when I next get a chance to work with Zbrush, but it’s probably more likely that I’ll move onto another piece now and use your feedback in that.

I was trying to go for an older, craggier face which in some respects works, but in others it doesn’t, but at least I have a better understanding of why now.

Luitz, thanks for the comment. I don’t have any un-textured shots of this piece at the moment. I think I’m trying to work with the image as an image if that makes any sense, rather than as a sculpt or a piece of 3D work.