ZBrushCentral

Goblin King

Hi guys, it’s been some time I didn’t post a new work, so I wanted to share the final result of the course at CGSociety held by Katon Callaway on creating High End Fantasy character for games.
I wanted to get a deeper understanding of the game pipeline so to be able to deliver model assets with high standards.
The course was great, Katon is a really nice person, always helpful with everybody and his critiques was always rock solid; many thanks to him to help me through the whole process.
The model is based on a concept by Bjorn Hurri, it’s not 100% like in the drawing I just wanted to give him some of my personal style.
The final mesh is 10800tris, I created 2x2048 maps diffuse. specular, glossy and normal map.
I used Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, XNormal and Marmoset Toolbag to render the final model.
Hope you like how it turned out!

[attach=250926]face_shot1600.jpg[/attach]

[attach=250927]pose04.jpg[/attach]

[attach=250928]gk_turn_500K.jpg[/attach]

[attach=250931]gk_hires.jpg[/attach]

Thanks for watching!

gk_zbc_t02.jpg

Attachments

face_shot1600.jpg

pose04.jpg

gk_turn_500K.jpg

gk_hires.jpg

This looks great, his face is just badass.

Very nice! :+1: :wink:

Wow, the model is top quality!
Both the low and high poly versions turned out great.

How did you found the cgsociety workshop experience?
Is it like take a real course? I’m thinking about taking a course too… :slight_smile:

If i can point out something, the first too stills use too many filters, and as a result they lack contrast and definition; personally i find that too much post effects are used to hide flaws, and your model doesn’t need it!

Thanks for sharing.

well done man :+1:

btw my favorite the goblin king below :wink:
[attach=250937]jareth.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

jareth.jpg

very nice work. i dig

Looks awesome :+1: :slight_smile: !

Awesome work man, solid anatomy.
I love the entire model

OH MY WOW!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
i love monsters ,creatures and other stuff!!! i love the sh*t outta this man!!! this is crazy for a game model! dope render and presentation!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

forgot to add… i second the top row notion!!!

Very good!

supercool… i really like this uruk xD

I love the sculpt view ! very nice:+1:

Nice model! I really like that gritty feel to the render and the textures.

Very Cool texturing work! The post production isn’t helping though, keep it up!

Very Nice sculpt Loden :D:+1:

Thanks guys for the great feedback!
I know that some images has a very heavy post process, I made them for fun and because I wanted a cinematic look… in the end, being a lp character, the ones that really matters are the turnaround shots.
For the clean renders folks I made this one, I’m trying to create some skydome for marmoset to get a better lighting, for now I’m using one skydome that ships with it.

[attach=251013]pose05_500K.jpg[/attach]

@stefanobernardi: the course was very helpful to me, lot of new techniques to learn and the support and review of your work from Katon is just priceless, he really helps you push your character (and your technique) to the next level. Recommended, I already knew some of the techniques but this is a really deeper look into the game character pipeline.

Thanks again!

gk_zbc_t04.jpg

Attachments

pose05_500K.jpg

Well done bro…
It’s looking great.
The attitude is also cool.
Have a look on this Guy

Federico, as I have said before, this turned out great! dude so sick! Get those shadows right and this thing will pop!

Noiceeeeeeee…noiceeeee. Love the texturing work!