New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Dom War V for CG SOCIETY : Cardinal Echelon, 'The Narrator'

Hi Everyone! I just found this thread and thought I'd post some of my WIPs as well. The characters that I see people posting here are looking awesome! Lots of great detail! I'm learning alot from this and I'm so glad the deadline got pushed out, yaaaaay.

So I joined Team CG SOCIETY with this entry:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is Cardinal Echelon, the narrator. This god's special ability is to write the universe and all beings into existence. When he feels that the book is complete, he hands it down to his alternate self to burn in the fire and begins a new volume. The fire will be floating atop the lion's head, which I'll model in later.

This is one god with two personas, creation atop, and destruction below. The book he is tossing in can be 'Dominance War V', as the god has just completed this volume and will begin the next one.

Some WIP shots and photo reference for color schemes and wing shape (the feathers will have planets floating in them like galaxies (hopefully I post these correctly, here goes!

ZBC1.jpg
    the_narrator-god-ideas.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    color.jpg
    wings color.jpg
    -----------------------

Since this is my first character (my background is in environment art for games), I am struggling to quickly figure out the proper workflow for developing characters, I've learned quite a bit already! (like I went about retopologizing this wrong, lol, and now can't hide the mesh in zbrush to see what the heck im doing, grrrr, lol)

----------------------------------------------------------

Could someone tell me, when you retopologize, would the books be part of the same mesh, like would I combine them with the mesh of the hands holding them? I would like to continue retopologizing in zbrush, but now that we have an extension, I may start over and use the 'append zsphere to subtools' technique instead of starting with a zsphere and adding the mesh. I considered 3d coat (bought that program, too), and 3ds max, but there's so little time to learn new techniques, I think it's zbrush for me. Thanks!

Oh, one more thing, I wanted to give credit to Ralf Stumpf for posting that bronze zbrush material that he made, it's pretty sweet

Great piece of work, keep it going
    danny