ZBrushCentral

Serge Astahov - Sketchbook

Hi guys,

Thought i'd start one of these for my anatomy study practice. The idea is to work on different parts of the body until i get better and faster at it as well as work/improve on the anatomy subject. I decided to start with torso and here's my first attempt. Any feedback is very welcome.

Cheers,
Serge.

Holy Jesus! For a first torso attempt it looks good i wish i could do this x[

Thanks Basurci,

Sorry i should have been more specific. It’s not my first ever model in Zbrush nor the first attempt at modeling a character. What i wanted to say that it was my first attempt at the begginning of the series of anatomical subject studies. Because right now the idea is to make it right and i’m trying to apply the knowledge from the anatomy course i’m currently enrolled in.

Cheers again,
Serge.

Ah i see but for a first anatomy series here it looks very good and it’s in Mid poly not High Poly :wink: So i can only imagine how it would look like in High Poly ;)))

Hot!

Ahoy guys,

Thanks Basurci and Aqua Dark, glad you like it.

Here’s another torso study. This time it’s more defined (bodybuilder type of body).

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Serge.

[Torso_Study_02_wrong.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]1.They look natural but if you want to make perfect Tebduniys Ubscotions (ABS) then i think you should move them a bit to side :P](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9a9a9a%22%3E[ATT=)
2.Is that thighs? :slight_smile: Because from back it looks like it.
3.Latissimus Dorsi looks to big for me well i think they don’t look natural except if it’s HULK body :smiley: (NO offense of course)
4.Rectus Abdominis is bit to far away. (http://student.vfs.com/~3d56cris/Images/HMw001.jpg <–Pic for example )

So yea that’s my opinion whats wrong but it looks much better then old one :slight_smile: Well improved not better xD
Keep on working with this project :wink: And yea don’t forget to update this thread :slight_smile:

Edit:Numbers are in Picture that i attached.

Attachments

Torso_Study_02_wrong.jpg

Hey Basurci, thanks for the feedback.

Not to defend myself but i’ve used Arnold as a reference and he has pretty damn big lats :slight_smile: - http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=70478 also his abs are a little bit off center i do agree though that it catches one’s attention. And yes those are the beginning of thighs.

This time i’ve decided to go with an ordinary body type (no distinct masses of muscles but they’re there subtle though)

Let me know what you think guys.

Cheers,
Serge.

wow k this looks natural :wink: It’s like kid/teen body :wink:
Now you should make female body >:D

hey Basurci, thanks man. Natural is what i was going for hehe.
And thanks for the idea this time i made female body :P.

Cheers,
Serge.

They are lovely anatomy studies :slight_smile:

Wow nice female body :open_mouth: Msg me how can i contact you… :slight_smile:

Hey Sparky3d, glad you like it. Thanks for stopping by.
Basurci thanks man. I’ve sent you a PM.

Ummkay long time no post :). Finally got around to sculpting arms. Don’t mind hands themselves there’s not much there (will get to them separately).
Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,
Serge.

Looks good :slight_smile: To much gloss on arms but they look good :wink: you should put some hair on them u know so they would look more realistic :stuck_out_tongue:

one thing i learn about sculpting the arm is that you can’t sculpt one without sculpting part of the chest. Basically there are mucsles twisting and flowing from the deltoid to the collar bone where they will form part of the chest. Without setting up those muscles, you will not have the reference point to sculpt the tricep and bicep with will directly effect your forearm and so forth.

sometimes it’s a good thing to isolate a body area and focus on that. Sometimes, however, it’s not a good idea to do so.

take a look at the tutorial callThe form of Anatomy Series by Zack Petroc right here:

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/products/tutorials/zpe_series/

it’s basically how i start out my first anatomy study before I move on to other people’s tutorials and workshops such as Scott Spencer or Ryan Kingslien. If you are serious about learning anatomy, it would be the best 25 bucks you spend.

ps. on the side note, you should pinpoint a body’s boney landmark as you sculpt. The most noticable thing about your models are they are all missing the collar bone, which would effect your models’ silhuoette as there are alot of muscles that start from collar bone.

Thanks Basurci, thanks man. I might play with shader’s properties to reduce the gloss if it’s irritating hehe. Hair would be good yeah but i’ll leave it till later hehe.

Hey Piggy, thanks for your feedback. Some good points there. I was actually sculpting the arm together with the upper body but didn’t give it too much details this is why i didn’t include it but yes i had it there for the same reason you’ve described (the interplay of muscles). Are there any particular mistakes that you’re noticing on the arm?

I’m actually doing an online anatomy course at the moment but still looking at different sources is always good and i was thinking about Zack’s tutorial as well.

I actually do have clavicle on my models but rather subtle. I guess i should’ve made it more pronounced. I was afraid to make another mistake when people make it too boney but it can’t be since clavicular head of pectoralis major goes on top therefore covering the bone so it’s not as visible in this area (mistake made by many). But yeah mine is probably too subtle on most of my models.

Thanks again and i’ll look into Zack’s tutorial alongside the course i’m doing.

Cheers,
Serge.

Ahoy everybody,

Here’s a sketch of hands.

Cheers,
Serge.

Nice Nice :wink: Oh yea don’t use Zack Petroc because there is nothing there… old stuff and there is almost nothing about anatomy…

Thanks Basurci.
Hope you like this one guys. Added a bit more character.

Hands_Study_02.jpg

Cheers,
Serge.