ZBrushCentral

5 Finger Tutorial and Displacement Map/.obj for testing (pg3)...

After seeing a few screenshots, and ideas throughout the Pix forum, I finally figured out how to make 5 fingered hands! Well, technically 4 fingers and a thumb, but you get the idea.

Anyway, I started this fella today. It’s about 3 hours into him. Most of the time was spent toying around with the zspheres, and their ability to pose. Once I get this guy finished, I’m planning on practicing, and exploiting the posable features of the Zspheres.

Here is a small step by step, although it’s not finished yet, I’m still thinking of things to do with it.

[img]http://homepage.mac.com/chadtheartist/.Pictures/alien1_3.jpg[/img] [img]http://homepage.mac.com/chadtheartist/.Pictures/alien4_6.jpg[/img]

And ze’ small cavity material render. Not so great so far, but I figured out what all the sliders are for! LOL

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/uploaded_from_zbc/200404/user_image-1082342085thv.jpg[/img]

Cool stuff :slight_smile:

I am doing underwater stuff too :slight_smile:

I live makeing scales :slight_smile:

I realy like your charictor :slight_smile: very creative… he would be fun to see animated :slight_smile:

have a good day :slight_smile:

Nice work
:+1: the hands look great!
I can’t wait to create something with a good amount of fingers…and thumb. :wink:

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them. After sleeping on this, I figured I should give him webbed hands too. And flippers, of sorts.

I’m going to be doing his clothes, and boots like the armor/scales tut Pixolator posted earlier. It should look pretty cool.

See you folks in a few days!

I was able to start working on this tonight. I like how the smart resymetry works, and I think I’ll be utilizing that more often.

I’ll have it finished this weekend. I have an idea for a pretty cool scene for this fellow.

I’ll post another update tomorrow, of which I will at least have the model done. Then on to texturing, which looks to be a fun undertaking in Z2!

Thanks for looking,

Chad

Both thumbs up! :slight_smile:

Perhaps you can explain how to create such nice hands? I suppose you need to increase the resolution of the zsphere, but im not able to get your beautiful result.

Thx in advance!

What you need to do is adjust the density sliders of the zsphere’s when you are modeling.

I think I set them at three at the base of the palm, but I’ll do a quick zscript of it to show you. It shouldn’t be that hard to do once you see how it’s done. I have to do it in 1.55b, because I only have a Mac at work, so hopefully the script will work.

I’ll post it up here in a bit.

Very nice. I too would like some hand modelling hints, I’ll check back later. :slight_smile:

Okay, the zscript did not turn out right. Apparently you cannot alter the XYZ density sliders during playback of a zscript. Odd.

Edited.

Fixed the hands a bit. Added more detail to the legs, and arms. I should have him done by tomorrow morning, then I will get to texturing. Doing a few pose tests, I think I should have redone the zspheres to better simulate joints in a humanoid body. Now I know though, so next time will be better for me.

Thx for the Tool, but it doesnt work for me - the hand looks distorted, one of the fingers is overlapping the other ones - this is far away from your hand in your first picture above :frowning:

Okay, sorry for the other hand. I guess Zspheres from 1.55b are not 100% compatible with Z2. I checked it out here at home, and you were right, the fingers are all messed up!

Anyway, here is a new zscript, that works fine in Z2. Here is how the hand should look once the zscript is finished.

Also, you will need to reset your document size to 1024 X 768 or 1280 X 1024. Then, when you hit the play button, DO NOT initialize Zbrush. I started this tutorial with my default settings, and I forgot about the 640 X 480 default startup document.

If you have your show actions on, you will see that I adjust the zsphere density settings when I make the zsphere at the palm of the hand. It goes by quickly, so here is what I did.

After you make the palm zsphere, switch the density sliders back to 0.

Here is the new and improved zscript. I hope this one works for everyone.

Right click and save as

He looks pretty good with all that extra detail you got on him. Nice job Wchamlet and thanks for the script :+1:

Thanks for the compliments TVeyes, and I hope the script works for you!

The model is pretty much finished. I tried some more “posing” and I will have to rethink my zspheres before I make another character. I have too few on this model I think. Anyway, I can pose, and tweak the model to look OK in whatever pose I want, but as far as animating it, or doing multiple poses, this guy won’t work.

Anyway, now I’m on to texturing. This should be fun!

Great job, with a nice level of details. Shame about the posing. Anyways, Have fun texturing :slight_smile:

OK, I was playing around with Jay’s toon shader, and I came up with this idea. The final image is composed of three different renders of the water dude, two types were toon materials, and one was a cavity material. The bubbles are all Z2. Everything else was composited in Photoshop. I like how it turned out, even though the pose isn’t all that hot.

I’m pretty excited to start something new. I don’t know what it will be, but I do know I’m having a blast!

Thanks for looking. :smiley:

nice charactere and render Wchamlet :+1:

A great thread and fun to follow your journey with this superb character.

nice can I suggest something, like if underwater try some fog with it the rest is awsome I loved it!!! :smiley:

Cool model and cool toon :wink: