ZBrushCentral

Hulk.....AGAIN?!

Everyone who has ZBrush has to do a Hulk, right? It’s slow at work so I started one today. Feels nice to pick up the ZB again!

Definitely! I’m considering doing one myself for a little project, actually. I’ll try and draw some inspiration from yours. I’ll have to keep track of your progress.

he looks squishy :slight_smile:

That looks really great! What is the name of the Matcap your using if I may ask and where can I get it, I’d love to try it out.

Keep up the great work!

Got about a half hour to work on this today. Little by little… hulk2.jpg

looking fantastic! I love the clean style and great anatomy!

Pretty much done modeling. Quicky PSD overlay to see what he looks like in green.
Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 2.33.44 AM.jpg

Started testing out skin textures today. Thank god for UV Master and Polypainting is a blast!

hulk2.jpg

Trying out the multi-pass test render on this guy in Photoshop by Steve Warner. What a great tutorial! I need some feedback on this one though, guys. I’ve been looking at it for so long that I’m getting bored with it. What could make it better? I’m wanting him to be more “ripped” but I also like the natural look of the muscles. He’s still a long way off, but I’m open to any suggestions.
composite_1.jpg

he’s looking great but i’d definitely change the mouth back to how it was in the previous post, the top lip in the current pic looks a bit odd to me

thanks robo…i agree. the top lip in the first post looks more aggressive.

Since I don’t know what the hell I’m doing in Maya with rendering, I think I’m going to comp this guy in Photoshop. I did a little skin test today with a couple of render passes trying to fake the skin layers. What do you think?
[attach=260718]skin-hulk.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

skin-hulk.jpg

why don’t you try some sss materials. there are some fine tutorials on this. with mental ray it is pretty much easy, and you will have always better results with real sss material then to fake it! I will gladly help you with metal ray sss if you wish, although I am not great expert. :wink:

Looks good. Have you tried it on hulk? I’m wondering how the texture and veins translate on the model.

Thanks for the offer to help Coyotes_75! I am such a noob with Maya (it’s on my work machine) that I literally don’t even know how to get to the materials palette. I have Scott Spencer’s latest ZBrush book that explains how to set up a skin shader. It probably isn’t—but rendering in Maya feels really overwhelming with all of the layers and such.

giacoppo—no I haven’t tried it on the model yet. I was just testing out a couple of ideas I was thinking about.

Played around with some BPR and SSS stuff tonight. Fun times!
hulky.jpg

awesome :+1:

thats how i look taking a sh*t

The green of the sphere look splendid. The one applied to his body looks great too but not as impressive as the one on the sphere. I hope it helps :slight_smile:

This is coming along nicely