ZBrushCentral

My New WIP

Hi All, I will be posting a new WIP that I’m doing at this time, please, any criticism and helpful tips are welcome.

Thanks and regards.

Start01.jpg

Attachments

Start02.jpg

Head01.jpg

Head02.jpg

Head03.jpg

Head04.jpg

Post more pics of your work when you’re further along in the sculpt, as these are mere baby stages. We can’t really give you much criticism at the moment because it’s very difficult to tell what it is you are aiming for. If you are going for something realistic, the proportions of this head are way off. If it’s supposed to be “cartoony” and fun, well… as I said, post more when you’ve worked on it for an hour or two.

Hi, here are more pictures from my WIP, I would like some tips on how to improve it, I believe that my main problem is in the eyes, but will like to hear more opinions.

Head07.jpg

Thanks.

Attachments

Head08.jpg

Head09.jpg

Head10.jpg

Here’s a small tweak, added some details.
Head11.jpg

This is another sculpt I’m doing at the moment.

Any criticism is welcome.

Hand01.jpg

Attachments

Hand02.jpg

Small test and some tweaks.

HandTest01.jpg

Attachments

HandTest02.jpg

Keep pushing it! Study as much anatomy as you can and try to match those proportions and forms.

Thanks, I do need to study human anatomy, I’m actually looking for a book to help me introduce in the human figure and proportions.

Will keep trying :slight_smile:

Check out the books by Hogarth. Good proportion studies there.

Thanks for the tip, will look for those books, right now I’m looking for all the help I can get :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a small color test.

HandTest03.jpg

Hello again, these images are from a new WIP.

Again I’m posting some really early stages, but I would like all the feedback to get a better result.

Regards.

NewBust01.jpg

Attachments

NewBust02.jpg

NewBust03.jpg

Andrew Loomis - Figure Drawing, really good book! Good for proportions.
As well as Gottfried Bammes - Die gestalt des menschen! excellent illustrations.

But just keep working at it, study some reference. Just compare it to your work, and it’s gonna get better :wink:

Looking forward to seeing more.

check out “Artistic Anatomy by Richer and Hale” its a really good book for anatomy.

MjTheHunter and killfrog58, thanks will check the books. I hope to get a grasp on human anatomy.

For now here is an update in the the latest bust.

NewBust04.jpg

Attachments

NewBust05.jpg

NewBust06.jpg

You’ll get there, it’s all a matter of time :wink:
And yeah Richer is a beast!

Looking better, maybe widen the face and move the skull a bit closer to the chest :slight_smile:

New update, I reshape a little the skull and moved it closer to the chest.

NewBust07.jpg

Attachments

NewBust08.jpg

NewBust09.jpg

Here are more images of the WIP so far.

NewBust10.jpg

Attachments

NewBust11.jpg

NewBust12.jpg

Here’s the latest update.
NewBust13.jpg

Attachments

NewBust14.jpg

Hi, a few days ago I got my upgrade mail to R2 so the first thing that I did was to test the new dynamesh feature, so here’s a test using it.

Attachments

DHead01.jpg

DHead02.jpg

DHead03.jpg

DHead05.jpg