New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Sculptris won't start

I just downloaded Sculptris, and it won't even start. No error codes or anything, it just says that it stopped working as I try running it..?
    I'm using Windows 7.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

What kind of Computer, Processor, Video Card, etc..

Default sculptris won't simply start on my windows 7 desktop PC

My Computer has a Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93 GHz, 2.00 GB RAM 32 Bit OS and a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS Video Card with a 256 MB Dedicated Memory
    Yet, Sculptris Won't Simply Start on it.
    Please Help as I love to Sculpt and I have seen the Power of ZBrush on YOuTube Videos and I wish to upgrade to ZBrush Soon

Default same problem...Sculptris wont open after download...'The program has stopped working'

the installer downloaded OK And installed it would seem....In fact i did it twice but on both installs Windows simply says it has stopped working

Default Nothing active other than the icon

Downloaded Sculptris, on the recommendation of a friend, for it's ease of use for a beginning 3D modeler. First install, clicked on the icon, got nothing. Uninstalled, restarted, and got the download again. Reinstalled, and same thing. Running an HP Beats Special Edition, Windows 10, 8Gb RAM, 64 bit OS, ADM A8-5545M HD Graphics 1.7Ghz. Based on the requirements for the program, it exceeds the minimum requirements. I was told by tech support that it was not a full release and they were not able to help me until that happened, so the sent me here. I've got things I'd like to be able to at least try, but when I can't get it to work, makes it tough. And my friend HIGHLY recommended it, compared to other programs available, as easy to get your head wrapped around. Called it an amazing piece of software.

I know your post is a couple months old, but did you figure out what was wrong? If not, check your system for any updates, for the OS as well as drivers. My computer updated, and all of a sudden, Sculptris started working, no issues in getting a splash screen or the program window.

Default And now it works!

YES!!! IT WORKS!!! My computer updated, and as soon as I did the restart, it worked just fine and started. If you're having problems, make sure your OS and drivers are all updated (I read on another thread, sometimes it's a driver issue, mostly with the graphics card, I think.)

I'm having the same problem on windows 10. just tried doing updates and restarting system and it still wont open.
    "sculptris.exe has stopped working" straight away when I open program.
    Any suggestions?

thanks

Exclamation The Program Won't Load

I have recently downloaded this software and there already is a problem popping up.After finish downloading I click on the software and nothing shows up. No error messages and there is no need for updates (my computer at least). What can I do to make it work again? My computer is a windows 10.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hi,
    Make sure you run Sculptris setup as "Administrator"

Right click on "Sculptris Alpha 6.exe"

Select "Properties"

Select "Compatibility" tab

Select "Run this program as an administrator"

Apply

"Ok"

Default same same

I am having similar frustrations. It worked fine before I upgraded to Windows 10. It sucks that Sculptris won't work now when all my other graphics programs are actually working better. :^(

Pixologic please patch it!

Same same. Everything ran fine prior to update to Win 10. Samsung Ativ Tab 3. My guess is that Intel needs to update the Graphics Media Accelerator driver for many machines... but they probably won't. Samsung told me to ask Pixologic for a patch.