Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    USA on Planet Earth somewhere in the Universe

Default Zscript or ZTL Viewer and png or jpeg save of image

Zscript or ZTL Viewer and png or jpeg save

I am gettiNg a lot of ZTLs which I think most Zbrush users are also getting a big collection of ZTLs.

can someone please help?

I would like to request a zscript that will allow me save a document (in png or jpeg either one ok) with the name of the highlighted / current ztool. Ztool let's say is called creature 1 then the png or jpeg document would be saved as creature 1 also.

If this can not be done as zscript then is there or is anyone working on a ztl viewer where and image file can be saved with the name of the ztool for the image file name?
    SpaceMan's Space Book Journal On ZBrush
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...rnal-On-ZBrush

Wormholes were first introduced to the public over a century ago in a book written by an Oxford mathematician. Perhaps realizing that adults might frown on the idea of multiply connected spaces, he wrote the book under a pseudonym and wrote it for children. His name was Charles Dodgson, his pseudonym was Lewis Carroll, and the book was Through The Looking Glass. ***8212; Michio Kaku

It's kind of fun to do the impossible...
    - Walt Disney

Moderator Follow User Gallery

This isn't really feasible. You'd need to load each ztool into ZBrush, export an image, then convert the image to jpeg which is a lot of trouble just to get some thumbnails, especially when there is a ztool viewer built in to ZBrush - Lightbox.

If you place shortcuts to your other folders in the relevant ZBrush folders you can navigate to them quickly from Lightbox. You'll then be able to see all your ztools with file names.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    USA on Planet Earth somewhere in the Universe

Marcus, thanks for the tip on the short cuts using folders.

For example: I have four 500gigs hd usbs housing my ztl tools- I plug the hd usbs into the computer and create a short cut for every folder (or do I also need to create a short cut for each file) - then I collect all the short cuts to the folders and place them into their respective folder for the hd they are on (make a folder for each hd -hd1 / hd2 / hd3/ hd4 - then place the folder short cuts into the proper folder that reflects where they are) into ZBrush 4's ZTOOL Folder - is that correct? Or do I put them in some other folder so they can be loaded by spotlight?

Then after viewing the ztools I have I can select the ones I want (write down their names) for a project and copy them into a folder and make a short cut for that folder and place it into the ZTOOL Folder (or the folder they need to be in so spotlight can bring them up)

Is this a good solution?
    Last edited by SpaceMan; 07-11-11 at 08:15 PM.
    SpaceMan's Space Book Journal On ZBrush
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...rnal-On-ZBrush

Wormholes were first introduced to the public over a century ago in a book written by an Oxford mathematician. Perhaps realizing that adults might frown on the idea of multiply connected spaces, he wrote the book under a pseudonym and wrote it for children. His name was Charles Dodgson, his pseudonym was Lewis Carroll, and the book was Through The Looking Glass. ***8212; Michio Kaku

It's kind of fun to do the impossible...
    - Walt Disney

Yes, that would work. You only need to make shortcuts to the folders. The shortcuts are just quick ways of navigating to the files. By placing the shortcuts in the ZTools folder they will appear in Lightbox as folder icons - double-clicking will take you to that folder (provided the drive is plugged in).

New Member Follow User Gallery

Is this solution also applicable if the Ztools are compressed in a ZIP Folder? Can lightbox also view Ztools inside ZIP folders?

Quote Originally Posted by bekka View Post
    Is this solution also applicable if the Ztools are compressed in a ZIP Folder? Can lightbox also view Ztools inside ZIP folders?
    No, I don't think so. I think Lightbox ignores Zip files.