ZBrushCentral

Daniel Briggs - Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard

Hey everyone,

I am excited to finally post some of my work from “The Lord of the Rings Online: Rise of Isengard” cinematic, created by TIGAR HARE Studios. You may have seen it at this years E3!

I was the lead character artist for this cinematic and Zbrush was a HUGE part of my workflow.

You can see more of my work at my website:

www.3dbriggs.com

I am currently available for Full-time or Freelance.

My tasks for this cinematic included:

-Saruman(Main character) - High Poly, Low Poly, Textures, Skin Shaders, Blendshapes from Zbrush
-Urukhai(Secondary character) - Up-res of a game model given to me by the studio, Skin shaders, BlendShapes
-Tower Exterior - I modeled the organic parts of the tower exterior, I used Z-Spheres to create the base mesh. I also textured the entire outside of the tower
-I created all of the Hair and Fur for the cinematic. That includes Saruman, the Urukhai, and the horses.
-I skinned all the hair meshes
-I also baked out the hair dynamics for the Saruman tower balcony scene and the horse gallop scene
-I even got to paint a giant sky texture :wink:

I would be more than happy to answer any questions!

-DBriggs

[youtubehd]HAZHEYmZzeI&hd=1[/youtubehd]

ZBCThumb3.jpg

www.3dbriggs.com

Attachments

Tower_Zsphere02.jpg

Tower_HighRes02.jpg

Hey ! these are great images !

Could you please tell about the hair and beard ? what software and method did you use to create the hair and beard ? I really like the look of it !

Wow this stuff looks great!

the Zsphere-based tower came out really good! Ive never seen something like that done through zspheres…definitely an interesting, and seemingly effective method of construction.

The models look really good, but Im curious on how you utilized the spotlight. could you please explain your method when working with it?

regardless, this should be top row!

Hey Daniel, it is really nice to see you post again, i love your sculpting and awesome rendering, what a awesome job you did for this online game, and i love how you updated your website too!!! hope i can see more your good works soon!! keep me posted :slight_smile: :+1:

Ronny Penko: Thank you for your kind words.

The hair and beard were created using Hairfarm. It is a plugin for 3ds max. Everything was rendered in VRAY. Here is a link to the hairfarm site and some tutorials:

http://www.cyberradiance.com/hairfarm/tutorials/

Frank_Tzeng: Thank you for all of your comments!

SMoallem16:

Thank you very much! Yes Z-spheres are one of my favorite features of Zbrush.

Spotlight is used to project textures onto your 3d model. This can be used to create amazing base textures and it can also be used to fix texture seams. Here is a quick tutorial I created to help you understand how it works. It is based off of the Saruman hand model. I hope this helps:
Thumb.jpg

-Dbriggs

My Website

Attachments

Hand.jpg

SpotLight_Tutorial01.jpg

SpotLight_Tutorial02.jpg

SpotLight_Tutorial03.jpg

SpotLight_Tutorial04.jpg

SpotLight_Tutorial05.jpg

SpotLight_Tutorial06.jpg

SpotLight_Tutorial08.jpg

SpotLight_Tutorial10.jpg

SpotLight_Tutorial11.jpg

Brushes_Used.jpg

Hand.jpg

Very nice work! This belongs on top row!! The hair looks so real

Really awesome work. Thanks for the tutorial on hand textures.

JerkAndAHalf: Thanks!

w0nderbr3ad: Thank you! I hope you enjoyed the tutorial. The same technique can be applied to anything!

Really PRO Works!!!

Bye