Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Daniel Briggs - SketchBook

Whats up everyone. My name is Daniel Briggs, I am 22 years old and I am a character artist from Orange County, CA. This is my new sketchbook thread where I will be showcasing my new work! Here are several characters I created using Zbrush. The last image is my current W.I.P. that I will be updating on this thread.

My Website
    Cheers.

Personal project to test Vray skin shaders. Everything was textured inside of Zbrush using polypaint.
    Thumb.jpg
    08.jpg
    Head18.jpg
    06.jpg
    05.jpg

Fan art based off of the Hydralisk from Starcraft. I also rigged this character, you can see it on my website. He is around 18,000 polys. This creature was textured using Polypaint.
    04.jpg
    Hydralisk_Side.jpg

Fan art of Ajani Vengeant from Magic the Gathering. I love their art style and wanted to make a cool tribute to their art. I rigged this character you can see it on my website as well. The environment was created using Zspheres. Here is a link to the Concept Art
    01.jpg
    02.jpg

I used zbrush on everything in this scene including the rocks in the background. I textured this character using polypaint, ZappLink, and photoshop.
    Barbarian_TouchUp09.jpg

The following images are from a cinematic by Tigar Hare studios. It was created for a The Lord of the Rings Online displayed at E3 2011. I was the lead character artist. Here is the official thread where I explain more in depth: LOTRO Thread

My tasks for this cinematic included:

-Saruman(Main character) - High Poly, Low Poly, Textures, Skin Shaders, Blendshapes from Zbrush
    -Urukhai(Secondary character) - Up-res of a game model given to me by the studio, Skin shaders, BlendShapes
    -Tower Exterior - I modeled the organic parts of the tower exterior, I used Z-Spheres to create the base mesh. I also textured the entire outside of the tower
    -I created all of the Hair and Fur for the cinematic. That includes Saruman, the Urukhai, and the horses.
    -I skinned all the hair meshes
    -I also baked out the hair dynamics for the Saruman tower balcony scene and the horse gallop scene
    -Sky matte painting

This is a screen grab of Sarumans hand in Zbrush. Spotlight was used to project 3d.sk skin textures onto the hand. I created a Spotlight tutorial on the thread mentioned above.
    Hand.jpg
    A still from the cinematic:
    LOTRO_Stills0235.jpg
    The UrukHai low-resolution model was given to me by the studio. My job was to Upres his face, body, and armor. I converted the given textures to Vray materials and skin shaders. I would like to give credit to the original artist of the game model whoever you are, you rock! I would like to add your name in here if you see this.
    UrukHai.jpg
    LOTRO_Stills0801.jpg
    High Poly Saruman Head. Most of the pores on his head and chin were covered with hair in the final renders. The main detail that would be seen is around his eyes and nose. Spotlight was used to texture Saruman, similar to what I did with the hand
    Saruman01.jpg
    Saruman03.jpg

LOTRO_Stills0567.jpg

I created the organic exterior of Sarumans tower entirely in Zbrush! I first blocked out the tower using Z-Spheres..
    Tower_Zsphere02.jpg
    I then converted this to a polymesh to create my final high poly sculpt. Z-Spheres allowed me to accomplish all of this in two work days.
    Tower_HighRes02.jpg
    Tower_HighRes_CloseUp.jpg
    Stills from the cinematic:
    LOTRO_Stills1542.jpg
    LOTRO_Stills2164.jpg

This is my current W.I.P. It is fan art based off of a mercenary from the upcoming Diablo 3. The concept on the left is not mine, it was created by Blizzard Entertainment. The image on the right is my high poly sculpt. Posed using Transpose Master. I plan on turning this character into a real-time model that I will put in UDK. I will be updating this frequently and I am looking forward to your feedback!
    Merc_WIP.jpg

I am currently available for full-time or freelance.
    My Website
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	high_and_polypaint.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	467.4 KB 
ID:	265041  
    Last edited by DBriggs; 08-01-11 at 02:20 PM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Splendid

New Member Follow User Gallery

Nice job! I realy like the details that you make in the tower.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Awesome!

Great work!

The head sculpt came out very well.

I've also commented on that LOTR tower in another post but I just cant believe you constructed it out of Zspheres! that really blows me away.

I am really excited though to see your last warrior textured out. the Sculpt of it looks really good.

I look forward to seeing more posts.