ZBrushCentral

[WIP] Character: Scavanger, Sculpting phase

Hello there, I want to finish this sculpt and I want to really push it to the next level as a sculpt. Now it looks ok, but I aim to a more exciting sculpt, a bit more buffed anatomy and detail. I really need help at this point, if I can’t make it more interesting then it will just have a polish pass at some areas. Btw it is made of the scavanger concept for Diablo 3. So to sum it up what I want is to make this average sculpt a very good sculpt. (Brush techniques are welcome!)

Cheers!

Attachments

wip01.jpg

wip02.jpg

wip03.jpg

wip04.jpg

Worked on the scaly parts with alphas, also added some skin features. I think it is missing some wrinkles and skin compression detailing. I will try to get around that with the standard brush.

Attachments

wip05.jpg

Here are some ZBrush renders. Any tips to make it more impressing are welcome.

Attachments

ZGrab01.jpg

ZGrab02.jpg

ZGrab03.jpg

ZGrab04.jpg

Tried to make further details. But still wanna go deeper, make the forms more organic like, trying to fake realistic anatomy.

Attachments

wipdet.jpg

Still calibrating to a more exciting look. Gonna restart the fur. I added some rythms, and a bit of detail at certain insertion points.

bpr.jpg

Hi DoubleSz :slight_smile:

I’m that kind of artist who prefer human characters more than creatures but I’ll try to come up with some advice.

I would choose a better pose for him. Now he looks a bit crucified. Try to find a much more suitable… monster like pose :slight_smile: Try to pull those arms down to the ground at first.

I did a quick search and found a great character artist. You can see his works here.

You will see that he always let his characters stand as their would like :slight_smile:

Besides your character is really good! Keep it going :slight_smile:

[texuring_wip01.jpg[/ATT]%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0ADone%20some%20polypainting,%20and%20refined%20the%20sculpt.%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3C/font%3E"]texuring_wip01.jpg

Done some polypainting, and refined the sculpt.
](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=269288)