ZBrushCentral

A real big newbie sketchbook!

Hello everyone!!!
I’ll start my sketchbook treat today!. I got zbrush today and started to do something, so i present to you my very first creation!! :smiley: Hope you like it!
It’s my first zbrush sculpt, i’ve been playing with sculptrips some weeks ago, until a friend gave a gift, a copy of zbrush!, he told that i’m talented for this (i really don’t think so, look at my first try i really suck very bad).
I have never studied arts or anatomy, and never took any 3d lessons (we dont have any of those instructions here in my country). But i always wanted to be a video creator or be in special fx for movies… I may started a little bit late, but i will practice a lot so i can a very good one, and have a future in this!!.
I hope i get some critics and comments, because i know that my model suck and is really bad, and i want to improve, i really want that! So thank you all in advanced, a lot of you guys are soo good its a inspiration. Thank you, and sorry because i know i’m a newbie and i’m not good at all, but i will improve!

tipo1.jpg

Attachments

tipo3.jpg

tipo4.jpg

tipo1pin.jpg

tipo2pin.jpg

tipo3pin.jpg

tipo4pin.jpg

You are on the right track. The dude is a beast and if I am getting it right he isn’t exactly the standard human. From personal experience ambition is good but when your person doesn’t look “normal” its hard to critique anatomically.

Since you said you didn’t have a lot of training in anatomy or 3D. This is a very good start. I say either tweak this one until its the best stuff you think you can do or move on to another project and that will teach you other tricks and things you can you when you come back to it. Push your limits every time.

Specifically I would say play with the neck a little bit, look up Ronnie Coleman and Gears of War Berserk. Shoulders probably need to be bigger and chest as well, less stretched sideways. Your eyes could use more work. Try to make some sort of eyelid area. All in all if you got no training learn to use reference like a boss.

Keep us posted on your work. GL

Hello everyone is me again!!!
Demofetus thank you very much, is so good to heard that i’m on the right track.
I really dont have any training in 3D and anatomy, and since there is no place here in my country to learn im learning all by myself, its hard and i always think i’m suck…
Ill move from project to project, trying to do then best i can. Next time i’ll model a normal human so i can get a feedback on how bad my anatomy is.
This is my second zbrush work! Hope you like it, and hope to get some more advices and critique, i really want to learn. Thank you all in advance.

toma1.jpg

Attachments

toma2.jpg

seg1.jpg

seg2.jpg

seg3.jpg

only thing atm to suggest… if you have photoshop export your zbrush doc’s as psd instead of taking a screenshot of them… just for presentation sake mind you… you can export it from the document pallette.

if you don’t have photoshop consider exporting it as a bmp and then just using ms paint to convert it to jpg. you end up wasting so much of your screen shots size on user interface and you may not also be getting the image out at a resolution suitable to see it’s detailing.

just food for thought

Hi!
Thank you very much dapharmer, i’ll do that. I don’t have photoshop, but i’ll do what you said. Thank you.

Hello everyone!!
I hope to get some critics and some tips about what am i doing wrong.
This is my 3th Zbrush sculpting (or my third attemp in doing so).
I tried to do a male figure, and in that way study some anatomy (since i dont have any books, and here in my country there is no place where i can study something like that) i just had to try and learn by myself. I though in not only do a anatomy study but do something cool too, and i fail. I think it is not good at all but since i’m a realy noob in sculpting, 3d and anatomy dont know where is my mistake, i just know that i fail in doing a study and something cool out of it.
Hope to get some critics and some pointers, i really need them. Thank you very much in advanced.
I tried to work in my presentation, i think is a little bit better… or so i hope
:lol:
dav1.jpg

Attachments

dav2.jpg

dav3.jpg

dav4.jpg

dav5.jpg

dav6.jpg

that last image there… that guy looks like he wants to eat my soul…

just saying

Lol you are right man! Hehehe, it wasnt done on purpose though… but like i said i try to do something cool, but it was beyond my skills, i´m still very bad. And now he wants to eat souls :lol:

Hi everyone!!
It’s been a while, works really keeps me away from practicing.
Well this time i did a troll a bust, it start like a practice but then i started to develop some background for him, i thought of making him a old tired troll, his time is long past, he was some kind of warchieft a really big warrior, but now he is old and tired and he will stand his last match to die with honor.
Sadly, i suck, i tried to do some kind of composition, but i dont know nothing about photoshop, and nothing about a good render, and im still suck in sculpting and my anatomy is terrible and there is no way to improve any of that here, i had learned everything from google and youtube, and well, i thought it was a nice background, it was a project just way out of league… but ill keep practicing!!! :smiley: Hope i get some comments and critics and most important tips, because i need some help, i want to stop sucking :cry:

troll.jpg

Attachments

trollcomposition2.jpg

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

model looks good but the render does need a bit of work…

if you want what i find to be a ood starting point, on the 1st or second page of the experiments link in my sig i have a detailed “recipe” that works as a good way to start off a photoshop composition… gives yourself a control board for how the end result comes out

hey man good stuff, liking the troll. what’s really helping me is Ryan Kingslien’s tutorials over at zbrushworkshops.com. sign up and get his free tuts if nothing else. the body anatomy on your greek guys is as good as i can do, but the face is obviously broken around the eyes. Ryan’s stuff will get tuned in on how the skull and face muscles operate correctly. peace.

Hi!! Thank you for your comments dapharmer and magbhitu!!
Dapharmer, yea you are right the render need a lot of work, i just kinda don’t know how to do it i was playing with photoshop a program wich i dont know how to use it at all and the only thing i got to learn both zbrush and photoshop is google and youtube, thank you very much for the tip! I will look the link to see that recipe i really really need it!! Thank you very much man!! :smiley: I fell the model need more work (and i know that nothing there is either amazing, cool or original) but well is my 4th model done in zbrush. Thank you!.
Magbhitu i saw that webpage, i want to join there but still don’t have the money for that (get dollars in my country is actually pretty difficult) i need a lot of work in anatomy because i know it sucks hehehe, thank you very much when i have the money i will join that webpage to improve, yes the eyes part are like broken, didnt know to much what to do. Thank you for your advice too!!! :smiley:

hey belbe - Mr. Kingslien has a lot of stuff on youtube and like i said, if you sign up he emails you links to several free tutorials. just that has been great. i wan’t to join one of those classes too when i rub together enough pennies. I just signed up for a free live online class today.

Hello everyone!!!
Magbhitu thank you very much!!! I subscribe to his newsletter it’s been really helpfull, i really wish i could have the money to pay for all his content…:cry:
Well i’ll be posting several pictures, i will start with this creature (well i tried to make one, but is awfull, and is really crappy).
Hope to get some critics, i think this creature is not good at all, i know i doesnt have any gesture or pose, but i really suck in the first part that is making the creature… well i’ll keep practicing.

crea.jpgcrea2.jpgcrea3.jpgcrea4.jpgcrea5.jpg