Default Doomsday

WIP of my newest sculpt. Was doing an anatomy study, then wanted to make an exaggerated form. First was going to be Hulk, but thought Doomsday would be more interesting. Comments and critiques highly encouraged. Thanks.

doom7.jpg

doom8.jpg

doom9.jpg

GREAT JOOB ON THE TORSO... LOOKING FORWARD TO SE YOUR UPDATES

thanks a lot for that. But does anything stand out as odd? The proportions look ok? I know I need more detail on the body to make it look more rock-like.

doom12.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I like the stone detail. Keep at it i wanna see this one finished!
    https://www.artstation.com/maximusin3d

"There is no tomorrow!"
    -Apollo Creed

Thanks a lot for that. Will have his hands more than likely completed tonight. Want the whole piece finished by Saturday night to get rigged.

doom16.jpg

doom18.jpg

COMMING ALONG REAL NICE , CEEP US POSTED

Very cool of you to say, thanks a lot. Just added in more bone protrusions, didn't have much time to work on them tho.

doom19.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Looking great man,
    I like the surface details, and the abdomen area looks great

thanks for the comment. Still want to make him a bit more asymetrical, so will need to move his abs a round a bit more. Hopefully it won't ruin the sculpt.

Quick update on the arms.

doom21.jpg

Turnaround with all the assets in place. Just need to work on the belt, bones from the knee, and the finer details and I am finished.

The material and lighting I used were from someone who posted them on this forum. I feel like an a-hole since I forgot who they were, so I apologize for that.

doom23.jpg
    Last edited by sankar82; 09-03-11 at 01:09 PM.

Very close to finish. Working on the Maya model now, and fixing any errors I come across or just making changes that I feel is needed. Want to completely redo the back spikes tho, think they look stupid.

doom25.jpg

Did a render test with maya, and I'm having an odd background issue. When I render, it eats away portions of the enviroment. Please let me know if any one of you guys have had this problem and know how to fix it. Thanks.

doom27.jpg
    Last edited by sankar82; 09-04-11 at 05:09 PM.

Two render updates with tests of sss done in maya. The first comparison of the high to low poly files kinda f'd up, so had to more or less start the process over. The darker image is me trying larger maps while playing around with weight and radius.

doom32.jpg

render1.jpg