Senior Member Follow User Gallery

@AnthonyA85 glad to help.

Default WIP Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins

Hi Fellow ZBrushers,

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the film Mary Poppins. In honor of a great film and Walt Disney; I am embarking on what I hope will be a series of sculpts of some of the characters from the film. When my daughter was just 2 she and I watched this film many times. It was a magical experience we would sing the songs and dance to "Step In Time" and "Let's Go Fly A Kite".

My first sculpt is Mary Poppins portrayed by Julie Andrews, I hope to do her justice. This is still very much a work in progress so any Crits & Comments are always appreciated.

First a bit of reference:

Now my WIP:

I haven't had much time to work on this but here is an update on Mary Poppins, C&C welcome.

An update, C&C welcome.

Another update, I have tried to adjust the features a bit and get rid of the "deer in the headlights" look to the eyes. Hopefully the eyes better match the expression which admittedly is still a bit wooden. C&C always welcome.

Default Z4R7 Projects

Hi ZBrushers, I hope you are all enjoying the amazing new tools. Its been quite while since I've posted on the forums. As always life intervenes. I had the pleasure of beta testing in the final round before release. I'll post some images of what I worked on as well as some new projects since the release.

Here are some images from beta testing. A UH 1 Huey helicopter, still a WIP.

Default Z4R7 Playing With ZModeler

Here is a Mamluk era oil lamp I did to prototype a prop for a short film project. I 3D printed the piece on my FDM printer in PLA and hand painted it to look like bronze.

Default Z4R7 ZModeler - Lamborghini Gallardo

ZModeler is spectacular for modeling vehicles and here is a new project I'm working on. Soooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Follow User Gallery

Did you make that with zmodeler only? Can you please explain a little bit of your process if possible. Thanks!

Yes, it is all ZModeler. I did use some array mesh of ZModeler parts i.e. tire treads. For the process, I started with a QCube and deleted all the faces except one. Then using move point, insert edge, and delete poly to fashion the side using blue prints applied to the X,Y,and Z grids. Once I had a flat face of the side, I used QMesh to give a small bit of depth then I started masking and moving points to bend the side into shape based on top and front views. When I had that I deleted the extra polys so I was back to just a single face of the side of the car. From there I inserted edges and deleted polys for the air scoop along the side. I used a lot of reference to see where the cuts would be and how the parts fit along the sides and top. I made polygroups for each part i.e door panel, fenders etc. then applied Unweld Groups Border in the Geometry sub pallet. This gave me separate parts that I could add depth to with QMesh but maintain the lines that run along the body. I mirrored the side along the X axis and added depth once again with QMesh. Then using QMesh while holding Ctrl, and symmetry on, I selectively acquired polys for parts along the top and sides i.e. the hood, engine cover etc. I could then use bridge holes to create those pieces. On parts that wrap around from the side to front or side to back I just deleted polys as needed on the side pieces and used bridge holes. Again inserting edge loops or deleting them as needed and using move, slide and swivel to form the correct shape. I hope this makes sense .

Hello DLangley, man, been some time since I had been around your neck of the woods- That 50 CAL came out great BTW. Real quick, as per Error 503 comment: "Did you make that with zmodeler only? Can you please explain a little bit of your process if possible. Thanks!"
    Do you have any time to do a 'TUTE' i.e. screen capture of this process you just explained or better yet, a recording of you doing so? Would be great for those us interested in how you made the Lambo. As usual, great and cool looking works you put out (still can't believe all the detail in that 5o CAL).
    http://dragondragon.deviantart.com/
    "The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world".
    Max Born, Born 1882, German physicist and mathematician- Instrumental in the development of Quantum Mechanics.

Great stuff man!

Loving the Huey and car as well!

I'm currently learning ZModeler, never having done any low-poly box modelling before, and I have to agree its really good for vehicles and the like: lots of fun actually. Funny enough I'm currently working on an AH-64 Apache Longbow heli myself to learn the process... quite the challenge!

Hopefully it will come out as nice as your Huey!

Cheers,
    Claudio

Really neat stuff here in your thread. Your hard surface / machine modeling is really good; nice capturing of the details.

Thanks guys. Not sure when I can get to a tutorial, I may be starting a film project soon which will be crazy busy for a couple of months.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast