Member Follow User Gallery

Default CapitanPopo's SketchSculptBook

I have finally decided to make a sketchbook to have somewhere to upload my personal work and get it viewed and hopefully critiqued, my blog doesn't get so many visitors you know.
    This is what I have been working on today, which is a quick model I started live at a university for an hour(USAC) design convention here in Guatemala. I liked the result so I kept working on it a few more hours and this is the result I have now...see where it goes alienboywip.jpg

Pretty cool, the folds on the forehead look a little too unified at the moment. A lot of it looks symmetrical but I like the overall design. Great work!

Thanx for the comment NickNitro, I am going to see how I unsymemtrize him, think I will do a quick paint over to give him some kind of space suit, and the folds on the forehead had been done "squary" on purpose from the beggining but not sure if they are working with it so much anymore so might retouch those as well.

Had these two asterix and obelix models from a couple of workshops I did not so long ago, and did some retouching on the to look a little more like the comic characters, going to keep working on them. wipsept17AandO.jpg

Default Obelix Painted

Now Obelix is painted, will go for Asterix next and then hopefully bring them both into mental Ray with hair systems and the whole shabang! ObelixRender2.jpg
    Last edited by capitan_popo; 09-17-11 at 07:12 PM.

Default speed sculpt for lunch crunch

2 hour speed sculpt for lunch crunch
    Last edited by capitan_popo; 09-21-11 at 03:30 AM.

Default lunch crunch speed sculpt 2

Here is another speed sculpt for lunch crunch...took 2 hours and 30 minutes...am use to doing monsters and ugly people...so this was a fun change....

Really like the coloring on Obelix ... good stuff

Default what I've been working on the past few days

Chesire_monkey: Thanx!..working on an animation with a friend with that model now! will be posting as it goes forward

Haven't been posting in the past few days, since I've been busy with work for different clients, but here is a model that started in a live modeling session which lasted about 40 minutes which I then worked on, on and off, on my free time...also posting a WIP image of the cumulative saves. have a fancy day

Last edited by capitan_popo; 10-08-11 at 12:57 AM.

pretty good likeness! I know this is in the works, but I would pay extra attention on the mustache and hair....u know, its one of the biggest features einstein has so be careful! ill keep on eye on how this progresses!
    Visit my online portfolio at http://www.toonimated.com !

Default Blue Mastan

Toonanimated Thanx! will do, the mustache and hair will get extra care!

Here is my latest quick project to test out Dynamesh, tried to do a timelapse of it but my computer is getting a little old, I am planning to buy a new one in the next few months, and couldn't handle long modeling sessions without getting laggy so timelapse videos will have to wait. Anyway this is all done in zbrush from concepting to final render! here is Blue Mastan!

beauty render

...and a turntable which my computer could handle

Have a good day

Default Walter White Sclupt

Alright long time no post...but heres a sculpt I have been working on, on the main character of the Breaking bad series, Walter White....ITS A BPR render....the beard does need work still though...any ideas or tips to fix the beard?

Lol its mr White, Just brilliant man, i love that show, great work! I wish i had this idea first =]