ZBrushCentral

Adventures in Zbrushland

Hello! Long time visitor to this site, first time poster. Coming here always inspires me (well, and frankly sometimes depresses me) with all the MAD talent. But thought I should finally jump in the fray and try to better myself with direct feedback.

So I'm going to start a thread to post my personal work in the hopes of someday being good enough to start posting professional work.

Process is always the same. Base mesh(mess) in Blender, then import to Zbrush for sculpting/painting/UV. Exported back out with Decimation Master to light and render (either in Blender Cycles or Octane Render). 

First up is a couple of busts. Rancor and Spock. C&C always welcome. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Rancor Bust</b>

Screen shot
      ![rancor_screen.jpg|800x640](upload://42cmRFO24KK1b1MR8D7bH0wwF7V.jpeg)

More coming soon!

Attachments

rancor_polypaint.jpg

rancor_bust.jpg

spock_screen.jpg

spock_polypaint.jpg

spock_bust.jpg

So here are some additional busts…

Mangalore Warrior from The Fifth Element [attach=272163]mangalore.jpg[/attach]

Darkness from Legend
[attach=272164]darkness.jpg[/attach]

GrumpyCat
[attach=272165]grumpycat.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

mangalore.jpg

darkness.jpg

grumpycat.jpg

Really great stuff!:+1:

Cool sculpts, I love the Mangalore.

I second what Santis said…:slight_smile: My favorite of them would have to be the bull horned character from Legends…WOW…Great job there…Beautiful piece…:+1: :slight_smile:
I also like the attitude on the hairless cat …the last post…Looks like he’s been around the block a couple of times…Great…:smiley:

Great pieces. I like the Mangalore from the Fifth Element and the Darkness from Legend.

The Fifth Element! Hell yeah haha. Great bust and texturing. Are all of these Zbrush renders? You’ve got some good lighting going on.

great work man!, my only crit is for your renders. I think you should control the specular a bit more with some break up :slight_smile:

Those are all beautiful. I love the one of Darkness the most though. He’s one of my all time favorites, and I’ve always loved the amazing makeup job they did on Tim Curry. You captured the likeness perfectly! :slight_smile:

Edit: In fact it’s so good, I would seriously consider paying good money to buy it as a statuette for my home theater room. I’m finding it hard to look away!

Firstly,

Santis, AA-ron, SpiritDreamer, Lego58, polaroid29, hyperhex and Zeddicus: THANK YOU!!! Glad you all dig the work. I really appreciate every comment. Polaroid: Those are renders from a great app called Octane Render. Awesome quality, less than $150! Hyperhex: Thanks, more effective use of specular maps is definitely on my list of skills to improve on. Zeddicus: Yeah, I've definitely had thoughts about getting a print made of Darkness. I imagine a full scale bust sitting in my living room! Wish I had the resources... maybe someday!!! Secondly, crap, forgot to label the pics in the last post. Went back and corrected that lapse in protocol. MAD respect to the original designers of those characters. Yeah, especially the Darkness makeup was always so inspiring to me. Haha, and Tim Curry did such an awesome job bringing it to life too! OK, so here are some more screen shots showing some closeups for detail: Mangalore detail shot ![mangalore_screen.jpg|800x640](upload://ngy1Y9WH3yO4AxqSGvBDBxnmkuA.jpeg) More coming soon...

Attachments

darkness_screen.jpg

darkness2.jpg

This is top row material for sure.
BEAUTIFUL job!
Bravo!

Mahlikus The Black: THANK YOU! I am humbled.

Excellent, beautiful characters. :+1:

Nice Mangalore :slight_smile:
I have a nice printed one at the office 30cms height!

this is exceptional ! and has unique style. very awesome stuff !

edit: my favorite I should say was Darkness.

michalis, Totyo and idlemind: THANK YOU!!! (Wow Totyo, an 11" mangalore bust. NICE!)

Cool new look for ZBC :+1:

darkness looking cool:+1:

Amazing busts, love the Rancor and Darkness from Legend. Great likeness.

Thanks Dman3D and ezekiel6!

Wow, the ZB4R2 images are SO amazing. Can’t hardly wait to get my upgrade email!!!

Wow, there’s so much to learn and experiment with in Zbrush4 R2!

Anyway, here’s my latest personal project… Captain Ramius of the Red October (our favorite Scottish accented Lithuanian captain of a Soviet sub). Sculpted using basemesh from Blender (the NEXT project with be with Dynamesh, I swear) but spent a lot of time messing around with the wax preview, lightcap and BPR filters settings.

Ramius.jpg

Next up is high frequency detail and color! C&C welcome. Thanks!