ZBrushCentral

"The Thing" Tribute sculpt

Hi, Its been ages since Ive shown any work here or even done any Zbrushing, but Dynamesh has really changed that. So I thought, what with the prequel to “The Thing” coming out soon, what better way to get back into Zbrush than doing a tribute piece based on the 1980s version on the film. So heres a sneak peak. This is still early days and still blocking out forms with lots of work to be done all over. ZB4R2 is amazing and I can`t wait to learn more about it.

Thanks,
Jamie Salmon
www.avatarsculptureworks.com

Attachments

Thing.JPG

Cool sneakpeak:) Impressive work in your website!

wauw! didn’t know you where a zbrush user. i love your “real clay” work.
seems like a good start on this one. i’m quite exited to see the prequel.

keep going:D

-r

That’s really friggin cool. Psychidellic if I may say so.
<script src=“chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js” type=“text/javascript”></script><script src=“chrome://YouLoop/content/YouLoop_script.js” type=“text/javascript”></script>

Hey nice to see you here Jamie, very cool piece as well.

Thanks Chris!

Just starting to play around with BPR for the first time. So much to learn. Going to attempt to polypaint this guy next.

Thingfin2.jpg

Nice!

Very cool Rob Botttin was one of my favorite makeup FX artists when I was a kid.

Here`s one more render.

I’ve got to hand it to you, I mean theres a lot of detail yet to be done, but the sheer fact you were able to lay down the base shapes and got up to this point, on such a complex model, really impressive. After see your body of works I can’t say I’m surprised. I would love to see you do some photoreal digital sculpts using what you know. should be fun.

nice “Thing”:wink:

You Win!:+1:

Immediately recognised it from your thumbnail. Awesome work. Really looking forward to seeing this develop.

Really nice, probably my favorite film.

Just messing around with polypaint and material/bpr settings

That’s looking awesome, nice transition between the two faces :slight_smile:

Your traditional sculpture work is insane! Nice to see you working digitally!

• Andrew Chen