Hey everyone,

Long time since posting on here and I thought I'd get the ball rolling (again) with some older Hobbit work I never posted. Hopefully be able to share more work soon on some other projects.

For just about all my concept work in film or games I use Zbrush as a base. It's an incredibly valuable tool to any concept artists toolkit these days!

Some more personal pieces using Zbrush as well. I hate dragons! :P

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by abaker
    For just about all my concept work in film or games I use Zbrush as a base. It's an incredibly valuable tool to any concept artists toolkit these days!
    Nice stuff!

Do you find that using Zbrush as a base is just as fast as directly painting something up in 2d, or does using Zbrush as a base save you time in the long run because of the flexibility of having a 3d base to apply different treatments to?
    -Scott
    Formerly Known As Bingo Jackson

Hey Spyndel,

Thank you!
    I do find sketching and thumbnailing much quicker in 2D, especially now I've switched to using a tablet. Generally for the work I've done over the years, the expectation in presentation demands a higher output and I find 3D incredibly useful. While I still use photo's for certain pieces where time is tight, for things like creatures or characters, having something sculpted in 3D is great for the design process as well as being able to give a different angle, pose into a scene etc. without losing that design, or drawing it again. The speed at which you can create something useful in zbrush these days is so quick I find for certain designs I just jump straight into 3D.

Member Follow User Gallery

these concepts look crazy !! nice job

Default Gears of War - Early Swarm Concepts

Hey everyone,
    long time no post! Here's some early Gears of War concepts I got to do through Microsoft. Was a really fun job and thought the end result turned out fantstic!

Default Ghost in the Shell - Concept work

I got to do some early development for the new Ghost in the Shell movie along with the WetaWorkshop team. Congrats to everyone involved for the great looking work
    I used Zbrush a lot for these concepts as well as a little photoshop paint overs. It was great to think about how these future machines could be constructed and put together.

All of your art is amazing, man. These Ghost in the Shell concepts are brilliant. I really admire the level of thought you must put into your work, and the amount of study it must have taken to get you to where you are.

Thats fantastic!
    Can you show us more like some of the raw sculpts?
    I know this whole thing was 3D printed and the results were astonishing...
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

Thank you for the kind comments

MaelaeYing, I'm afraid this is all I can show for now. The sculpts are usually pretty rough on my part and I take them as far as I need to communicate the concept. Vitaly Bulgarov did the final version and an incredible amount of work! He's a machine!
    Thanks again.

I love that you call that rough!
    I'm thrilled to have seen it, its amazing, and knowing where it wound up ins pretty mindblowing.
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

Member Follow User Gallery

the moment I saw these concepts my mind just went boom lol I hope to work on big titles like these in the future .

keep it up !!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567