New Member Follow User Gallery

Default The Future of Sculptris

I started this thread not for a debate but as a way to hear about the future of this software. I had asked a question in the "A Gift from Pixologic" thread, but I really think the question as a whole deserves a separate thread. My original question was:

Quote Originally Posted by Avarus View Post
    Will there be an updated version of Sculptris with more features? I'm just curious as to why Pixologic would buy Sculptris from the maker just to keep working on it as a free app when they have Zbrush to sell. If Sculptris is the "entry-level" sculpting app to lure people into Zbrush, why continue to evolve it with more features and advancements? It seems to me that it would just be in this stage forever.

Anyone with news about future releases of Sculptris would be most welcome, since I really like this app...to the point I'd pay a lower price point for it with further advancements. I just don't need the BIG BANG that is the $700 ZBrush. It's worth the money, but some people just don't need everything that it has to offer.
    I haven't heard anything about Sculptris lately, and the newsletter you sign up for when installing the app still hasn't been sent saying anything about the future of the app. I love this software, so much that I would totally pay for a beefier version.

Is there word about its future, and if so, does anyone have a clue what it is? Thanks and keep up the excellent sculpts in this forum.

Edit* I found a similar thread on here so I'll just take a while to read that. Yay search feature. Too bad I didn't do that first :P http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...s-future/page9
    Last edited by Avarus; 10-09-11 at 08:29 PM.