Default Sculptris crashes every time I try to save or export.

I have Sculptris running on an iMac (3.06 GHz Intel, OS X 10.6.8, 8 GB RAM)

I can sculpt in it, but every time I try to save or export the model, it hangs the program and I can't do anything except force quit. I can use GoZ and take the model to Zbrush which I also have, but that's not really the point. I realize it's alpha software but there seem to be a lot of people using it who don't apparently have such problems. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default re-

Its probably your computer, maybe a memory problem. My crappy lappy sometimes does this too. Try saving when you first start a new sculpt, when its still a sphere. Then keep saving from time to time as you work. Also, check into your graphics settings, I don't know much about Mac, but I'm sure there are some settings that can be tweaked.

I've had this same issue on my PC laptop as well, when trying to export a JPEG. It's a software bug. Believe it or not, the only way to prevent it was to save it out/export it as a different name. Either retype the name as something different, or change at least one of the characters, and it'll render/export. I even tried it again later using the original filename, and it hung up once again.