ZBrushCentral

Alex Bobylev - 3d works and sketches

Hi all. I finally decided to start a sketchbook/work dump thread. Since I have a lot of work that I hardly, or very nearly never showed anywhere, I am going to post a bunch of it here to get things going. It’s mostly unfinished, work in progress stuffs, and one more recent sketch that I did while trying out zbrush 4r2. From late 2007 and on to the most recent… It’s a lot of images, so I hope that’s ok.

Attachments

PunkSideFront.jpg

creature1frontts0.jpg

Creature1LineupCGS_upd.jpg

GladiatorsCGS.jpg

FromDeathtoBirth_clay.jpg

FromLifeToDeath_cup03CGS.jpg

FromLifeToDeath_cup02.jpg

FromDeathtoBirth_cup01.jpg

RenderTest.jpg

TurogWIP.jpg

Continued…

TurogHeadWIP.jpg
WandererUpdate_01_04_Design.jpg
wandererbeautycrop.jpgVirginieLedoyenTurnaround.jpgVirginieLedoyen34CGS.jpgVirginieLedoyenFrontColor.jpgVirginieLedoyen34Color_02CGS.jpg3dSketch01CGS.jpg

That’s it for now. Hope you like.

Attachments

wandererbeautycrop2.jpg

great works!
i really like all yours models!

Ur amazing, how did you do all the hard surface? (newbie here)
hope you could give me some advice where to find tutorials regarding hard surface…

@xexex - thank you!

@johnpaulcagata - thanks! Uhm, there isn’t really that much hard surface stuff here. What’s in the props was modeled in maya, but I am certain you can do that in Zbrush just as well. There are some good tutorials on making hardsurface stuff in pdfs that come with zbrush, they are in documentation folder. If you’re working outside of zbrush, I m sure there are tons of tutorials on the web, just google for whatever seems relevant.

Here’s a work in progress shot of my current project, “Turog and Wanderer” set that I am working on. Images of Turog and Wandeer are the last/first ones in the first two posts. If you like, you can see the turnaround of Turog in his current state -here-

Comments and critiques are welcome! Thanks for viewing!

nice works !

hi fess!

Very nice work on cloth!

Regards

great stuff, specially the last character, the asian woman, the force pose in the gladiator image and the first character, remember me to Maynard Keenan, from Tool.

Very nice work, thanks for sharing! Look forward to seeing finished pieces. :smiley:

majid_smiley - hey, thanks for checking out my stuff!:smiley: Glad you like them.

Klicek - hey man, thanks!:smiley: Yeah, the coat/pants/bag portion of the cloth were created via ncloth.
The coat in particular - I wouldn’t have been able to make it as I only found 1 view/reference for that particular cloth type and in a different pose… :confused:
It is still a base though, as I am adjusting and tweaking things on it even after the fact . Smaller folds on gloves, sash and shoes, however, were done in zbrush entirely.

Moga - many thanks!:slight_smile: Glad you like those. That first character was actually based on a model from 3d.sk. Heh - basing it on Maynard Keenan would have probably been more interesting :smiley:

chalkman - thank you! Yeah, I can’t wait to have more of these finished off finally :confused:

It’s been a while since I posted here, so here’s what I’ve been up to.
Old WIPs, speed sculpts and a paintover:

BigGuy_cup.jpgCreature2lineup.jpgHeadQuickSculpt02_2014.jpgDeadIslandHeads.jpgportRobo.jpg

This was a more recent 3d illustration. The schedule was rather tight, but I did learn a lot from it.
Illustration_Final_large.jpg
Breakdowns and WIPs:
SlicerHSWip.jpg

SlicerZbrushPosed.jpg
SlicerGold.jpg
Alona.jpg

AlonaZbrush.jpg
Maya final scene views:
SlicerAlona_sceneBlockin01.jpg
SlicerAlona_sceneBlockin02.jpg
This was one of the earlier render tests:
LightingTests05.jpg

This is the concept/paintover for my next 3d model. I used a loose zbrush sculpt to block out the initital design for the front view, finish that in 2d, then use that as a new start off point for another zsculpt that I used to do the back paintover from.
RiotArmourFront.jpgRiotArmourBack.jpg

This was done slightly earlier - my first zbrush/keyshot paintover session.

Hope you like these~

I like monsters design, looks cool )