Member Follow User Gallery

Default B-boy trophy

I sculpted this B-Boy/ Break Dancer figure for a competition Trophy. Sculpted and 3D printed, duplicated 10x. I painted the final trophies back home with airbrush and brushes, faux painting, silver/metal finish.
    Special Big Thanks, goes to John at Moddler.com! Great results, amazing communication and serves! He was the key reason we even got these trophies in the winners hands by the event! Tight schedule, and he made it happen! Printed, molded, duped, shipped out on time! its was a tight squeeze but, Moddler gave us their ALL, to bring this project to Life!
    I sculpted this dancer for my close friend Crazy Freddy, with Bean Town Break Down. and NBW. he produces the annual b boy competition in Boston, holding it down for many years. Inspiring their youth to be their Best! and me also, every new trophy I sculpt for CF, is a new Challenge! Grateful! So, This was all sculpted in ZB 4, pre Z4R2. These post will me random at first, since tim not to savvy, posting. I'll do my best. Thanks!

BTBD trophy. ZB4 sculpt/BPR.

Hers a link to a YouTube, turntable render. Im having trouble posting video her eon ZBC? not sure how. Sorry. (help).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8i0XkJ3_2Y

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shoe.jpg 
Views:	689 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	277375  
    Last edited by brianlife; 10-21-11 at 01:28 PM.

Default more details.

Last edited by brianlife; 10-21-11 at 01:26 PM.

Default Sneaker concept sketch done with Sculptris!

Sneaker concept sketch done with Sculptris!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsvPeduLuwI
    Last edited by brianlife; 10-21-11 at 01:26 PM. Reason: thumb nail

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

nice sculpts!

Default Thanks! Bless!

Quote Originally Posted by Polo2011 View Post
    nice sculpts!
    I appreciate the love! wish I had some more feed back but,
    I guess posts get lost in the digits..?.. Thanks for your time and happy you dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by brianlife View Post
    I appreciate the love! wish I had some more feed back but,
    I guess posts get lost in the digits..?..
    That's the problem with using Zbrush for something practical and useful. Not flashy enough to attract attention around these parts where people get tend to get desensitized from all the high powered fantasy stuff. Next time, make your trophy a superhero with hyper exaggerated musculature and power armor, or a female vampire pirate ninja with hyper-sexualized physique! (Just kidding).

Your 3d print turned out nicely. I like the details on the hat and the clean appeal of the pedestal. It must be a kick to see something you made replicated like that in those kind of numbers.
    Last edited by Spyndel; 10-25-11 at 04:50 AM.
    -Scott
    Formerly Known As Bingo Jackson

Default few more renders/ pics of final 3D printed Trophy.

Here are two metallic finishes. Painted by the Amazing creatives staff over at Moddler(dot)com. If Im correct?

and Bellow here, is my first "Sculpt to Print"..a trophy sculpted in ZB 3.5.

Name:	3d bboy tropgy.jpg 
Views:	1026 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	278876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	173059_111922592216174_100001953006499_93815_3533760_o.jpg 
Views:	1102 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	278878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36948_413286157258_764557258_4437218_3268584_n.jpg 
Views:	883 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	278879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36948_413286172258_764557258_4437221_4085483_n.jpg 
Views:	973 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	278880   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first 3d print.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	278881  

I love seeing stuff printed, it's kinda like seeing things animated. I cant describe it, but it "feels" different than just a picture with a nice pose.
    "It's never too late to learn a new skill" - Lex Luthor

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCS View Post
    I love seeing stuff printed, it's kinda like seeing things animated. I cant describe it, but it "feels" different than just a picture with a nice pose.
    I could not agree more with VictorCS. I also highly agree with Spyndel, the fantasy stuff IS awsome, but it's also/always cool to see ZBrush used for other projects besides movie and video game creatures and characters (oh, Spyndel, dig your Mech). For exsample, some of the images posted recently for Gears of War 3, the walls, gates and rubble, too cool!
    brianlife, your sculpts are of a high level of professionalism. Everything is so right on and clean (the detail is amazing). From your artwork to the text, the balance between the dancers and the platforms... the designs WORK. MODDLER.com did an amazing job for you. Their 3D prints came out nice. Your finishing looks so acceptable... real! Your friend must be extremely happy with the results.
    You are very good at what you do brianlife, don't ever stop.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Pretty nice end result man. congrats ! wish i had one of them printers..

Warning random ramble:

Spindel! Lol.! I hear ya. Mybe i'll make him a zombie b-boy next time, with 8 arms and legs! spinning on a mountain of Skulls! lol.. Top shelf 4 shure! ..lol. Nah, Im not hating, I Love some of the Wild creatures , characters, monsters all the freaky **** on here. We Zbrushers have an Army of Amazing Talent! I feel its a revolution in Sculpture alone, Zbrush and the capabilities it gives a sculptor/artist to create is unmatched, Historical and i bet we'll be in some Art history books in the Future! Cant wait to see where all this leads in 10-20 years! Soon we'll be Sculpting a creature in ZB, press Bio-print the Monstor will come out, dripping wet in slime, breathing with a pulse, a true living ZB AI's! Shoot, bio-print a whole gang of Creatures to play Live D&D with you , right in your own Living room! lol ...ewwwhh, why am I having flashes of Narnia or Jumanji with wild Zbrush Creatures running through my apt! lol! I love monsters too but, there can be an overwhelming number of them posted here..Love it all though!

The Process: (was a Trip!) ...It was a challenge and a great feeling of accomplishment witness the results. Sculpting (rushing) and to get them printed/molded/duplicated/shipped in time for the event was a Tight squeeze! The sculpt took me about 1-2 weeks to do, off & on. (wish more On cuz, I had to rush the end).. Again, John over a Moddler.com's help was Lifesaving (cant thank you enough!). Would never have happened with out his help, bending over backwards and just Heart to help the project Rock! I opted to paint the surface finish (silver/metal) since I was so late delivering the sculpt. We had no time for production, and finish with it shipped. So, I had them ship them to me unassembled, I epoxied some parts together, fixed,primed, painted all 8 trophies in my studio (and back fire escape) it was Wild to Hold the physical/ tangible printed statue in my hand, and to paint it, see it come to life as intended was awesome, all the way down to the last clear coat varnish spray. I airbrushed the base dark silver, then succumbed lighter silver on top...I would've painted the effect backwards: First a light base silver, then a darker top wash, and buffed while wet. Unfort, the primmer was still so raw, dry but, to delicate (peal if rubbed) Im pleased with the result but, def learned allot and have some experience now.

Thanks for your comments all! Helps allot! I guess if i keep posting pics, it might get circlutated. I even did a movie wip clip using Sculptris and i dotn see it gettign any shinne on the main Sculptris forum. Oh well. Im still new to posting here (embarrassingly) ...hope Im doing this right. I'll posting and sculpting, Lets Go!

I have seen your shoe in sculptris forum and thought:
    "Oh, a shoe....next"

This was wrong.
    Regarding that mudbox is part of Autodesks design- and product design suite it becomes evident that sculpting apps are already part of industrial design and production.

Sculptris and much more zBrush now with dynamesh are pretty cool tools to find and sketch design forms in 3D.
    The sneaker, just with 10 Minutes "zBrush love" would look much more professional.
    Something people here often forget seeing sculptris sculpts.
    Some bumps, some paint....some blood and "Wow"

The 3D prints are just excellent.
    It's the future for everyone having their work standing around in office.
    Hope it won't take too long here at my place. Quality is amazing.
    Last years trophy is just brilliant.
    Very dynamic and funny.

Keep it coming!

Default Out the Box!

Pics from the day of delivery, to my apt. in Brooklyn Ny. its was Super excitied! All the hard word, worry, rush, to finally Feel, Hold the the statues in my hand was Amazing. Grefully they where all in Great condition! There was a minor chip taken off one of the base/ platform/floors..the rim. Easy fix, I used wood glue and sanded it, prior to priming. I later airbrushed them all w/ water-diluted Primer
    Not to thick, I didnt want the paint layers to cover/fill the fine details, textures. (Note: Keep thin layers of paint. you have one Primer layer & the final finish style paint job, w/if a gloss finish.These Layers of paint, if thick will cover & mute fine sculpted details, carful and keep in mind while sculpting first, be broad.) After touch assembly, touch-ups on sculpt, Primed, I then airbrushed the base silver. Please pardon my
    redundancy..? lol. Oh, prior to assembling the parts with epoxy, I unfort. Drrrropped one body: the Top body w/arm, on my wooden floor!
    Ugggh! Popped Off his pointer finger! lol! Ouch!..lol! I couldn't find the lil f@ckin finger Anywhere, it was Gowwwne! It was so tiny, not even a tooth pics thickness...Ahhh!

Then I bugged out, "Sh!t! No time, must sculpt!" ...I had to Finish and Dry the trophies to then pack, Super safe
    Bring them in a Big rolling Suit case, by morning! From NYC 2 Boston, a four hour ride.
    I resolved the problem by sculpting a tiny prothetic finger in 20 mins. First/failed with water base clay but, after it dried (and was perfect)
    it Cracked! ...Dang. I then I carved a new finger out of a Hot Gun Glue Stick. lol. I carved a lil tube, knuckles, sized it right into position.
    . Heated it w/ a lighter, a Nail/some tool?. epoxied it down to the hand & Platform/base. I then used the Hot glue gun to add more or shape it. I carved it with an X-actO knife some, sanded and primed it! Wahhhlaahhh! Anyway, lone night, of fumes and reward. The event was Awsome , know winners who danced there Asses off, get to bring home something to keep not spend/blow. Pass it on...Great project. babbbble! sorry...lol..

Name:	Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 8.36.38 PM.jpg 
Views:	685 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	278940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 8.36.48 PM.jpg 
Views:	706 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	278939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plug.jpg 
Views:	753 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	278987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side-plug.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	278986   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top-box.jpg 
Views:	812 
Size:	191.8 KB 
ID:	278985  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box-open.jpg 
Views:	778 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	278988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all.-sm.jpg 
Views:	765 
Size:	254.7 KB 
ID:	278984   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shoe-3..jpg 
Views:	718 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	278981   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hat-logo-details..jpg 
Views:	711 
Size:	274.6 KB 
ID:	278982   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm-hand.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	278983  

Last edited by brianlife; 10-25-11 at 01:37 PM. Reason: thumbnail change

O.K. Finally I got it.
    The breakdancer is wearing your concept sneaker.

That was slow

These are awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast