Hey all! Another update. Changed materials a little again. Broke the fence a bit, added some details on the model and started on a candle. Need to figure out how to make that look convincing.. Fun continues

Member Follow User Gallery

This is looking great. Probably a silly question but what is the easiest way to make nice turntable bases like the one you have? Do you just use a shape and then form it?

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Nice one

Hey, its just great to get some seasonal sculpts, and especially ones of such good quality.
    I guess your working on a Christmas one now?
    For 3D Printing UK
    www.magicmodel.co.uk

ethanashton
    Thanks a lot Yeah it is very simple to make really. You create a cylinder, make it polymesh 3d. Scale it to the correct size. Make it a Dynamesh.

Then in Transform menu switch on the "Radial Symmetry" and dial in a pretty high "Radial Count". With standard brush you draw some circles around your cylinder to kinda define the shape. Then switch to Hard Edge Polish brush and refine the details until you are happy with it.

This was the tutorial that gave me the idea, it explains the whole process really well + it's pretty much same thing just turned by 90 degrees)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQBIe3YJUNY

magicmodel
    Thank you for nice words, I am glad you like it! Haha no I havent thought about the Christmas one yet! There are still some things I need to do to this one ))

Looking great!

Quote Originally Posted by arianerocket View Post
    ethanashton
    Thanks a lot Yeah it is very simple to make really. You create a cylinder, make it polymesh 3d. Scale it to the correct size. Make it a Dynamesh.

Then in Transform menu switch on the "Radial Symmetry" and dial in a pretty high "Radial Count". With standard brush you draw some circles around your cylinder to kinda define the shape. Then switch to Hard Edge Polish brush and refine the details until you are happy with it.

This was the tutorial that gave me the idea, it explains the whole process really well + it's pretty much same thing just turned by 90 degrees)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQBIe3YJUNY

magicmodel
    Thank you for nice words, I am glad you like it! Haha no I havent thought about the Christmas one yet! There are still some things I need to do to this one ))
    Thanks a lot. I have a lot of stuff in my head but actually doing it does not always make sense till I see something like this!

Thank you! Here is update from yesterday.. internet was not working for me..

For the moment image frame is done in photoshop.. I guess that's against the rules, but it looks nicer with the frame haha. I will see if I can make a frame in zbrush))

Plus a turntable )) Anyone can suggest best settings for youtube? I followed some tutorials online and exported my video using H264, but I am not fully satisfied with results..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sTL29aRLjw
    Last edited by arianerocket; 10-28-11 at 03:22 AM.

You want a frame? fill the canvas with frame colour, then draw a poly plane onto the canvas, with this render in the tool's Texture slot. Press f to fill the canvas with it, then scale it down a bit to get the frame size you want. Export the resulting image. Bada-bing!

Cheers,

R

Thank you Rory! I will try what you suggested I might also give it a go to model something with jagged edges to make it more 'Halloweeny'

Default the final update :)

Hello everyone, I believe this is my final update. Thanks a lot for all your feedback, help and support Thanks to Pixologic for Zbrush and for this contest, it was fun and gave a chance to check out new features of Zbrush! Good luck to everyone, and Happy Halloween!

For the video of turntable I had to render the frame and put it onto the turntable in AfterEffects. Apart from that no tweaking in other programs. Cheers! Hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6TIEwE07C0

Turned out great and I love the frame! Good chance of winning!

Thanks man! Good luck to you too!

It turned out to be a very satisfying diorama. Well done!

When i saw the turntable the moon and the clouds gave me the creeps... simply brilliant!
    I like it very much, in the picture and in the turntable!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12