Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I find these designs really refreshing. A nice change of pace from the hyper-sexualized Barbie dolls that most female game characters are, with no real feeling of connection between their combat prowess and their revealing outfits. By contrast, these are powerful looking people with real muscle mass and a sense of durability, while still being physically appealing, but not pandering.

Kudos!

[edit] Apparently there was a thread merge, so my comment may not be completely on-topic anymore.
    Last edited by Spyndel; 10-26-11 at 02:32 AM.
    -Scott
    Formerly Known As Bingo Jackson

Great characters !!
    really amazing works, only some faces are not good but overall looks great

stunning!!! great attention to details!!

Member Follow User Gallery

Coworkers twisted my arm into joining in the fun-shout out to Kevin Lanning on whose initial creature the Savage Kantus is based as well as the rest of the great art team at Epic.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helmets.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	381.3 KB 
ID:	278909  

oh wow! the last update is even more awesome! i particularly love the one that look like a mutated piranhas.... that is really nicely done!
    Great work sir!

fantastic stuff man..

that sort ogf glutenous / vieny area of the fish , hows is that sculpted , i have been trying something silimilar for a hanging alien pod but mind just cant get that much detail in there..!!
    http://shadowship.blogspot.com/

a whoosh and twinkle is better than a sizzle and splat

Default Wow!!!!

Wow .... the statue is breathtakingly beautiful! Again thanks to the whole team for sharing!
    And so we came forth and once again beheld the stars.
    - William Styron, Darkness Visible

Quote Originally Posted by tyrellcorp View Post
    fantastic stuff man..

that sort ogf glutenous / vieny area of the fish , hows is that sculpted , i have been trying something silimilar for a hanging alien pod but mind just cant get that much detail in there..!!

I was petrified of working with HD divisions at the time I did that creature. It was originally supposed to be higher spec in game than it ended up being, so I went through pains to give it a lot of fine detail.

I split it into poly groups and once the overall shape was defined well I groups split it and further refined each subtool. Now that I am over my irrational HD aversion I'd use that- undos are faster anyway, and your details
    are unhindered by the edge limits of an organic model split into various subtools. The base mesh on that thing is ludicrously simple, I just built up the bulk shapes first level by level and then used alphas once I'd split it into
    multiple subtools to get the fine veining. I also DIG a lot of the forms as opposed the trying to sculpt them up. That creature was a bitch because it was so far out in terms of relating it to anything real world I couldn't figure
    out what to reference for skin on an airborne manatee blimp...a jellyfish? puffer fish? In the end he looks like alien reproductive organs.

And I suppose that's ok with me.

Mark

Please put this on top row so we don't lose it .

Talking

Hey guys!

As Promised, Here are the Locusts. There's quite a bestiary, so this is one part of them. There is a second part that is on the way!

P.S. there was a question regarding polygon counts. We tend to count by verts, and the range is between 8,000-14,000. Some factors that affect the budget are whether the character will speak (facial animation), will it be in cines often, does he/she have hair, or will there be many attachments to could be added on in the future. Some more explanation can be found here: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?162703-Ladies-of-Gears-of-War-3-Anya-Sam-Myrrah-Tempest-Berserker-Bernie-Models&p=903437&viewfull=1#post903437

One correction: wanted to make sure Pete Hayes got a shout out for his work on Baird Cole and Minh

Keep the questions coming!

Locust yeahhh! Amazing work 8) Just missing the Tickers hehe all GOW work Is amazing on the Xbox history as the best game for ever, Inspiration for us to make something good In Zbrush thanks for share It.. and congrats!!
    Last edited by Interu2x; 10-25-11 at 11:39 AM.

I though I'd share the turnaround scene that's used in the pixologic 2011 video as well, simply because it's easier to see it grayscale!

Enjoy! More locusts are on the way.

Please tell me the Gasbarge is rendered in Zbrush 4R2?! Any chance of a tutorial on how you lit and rendered it?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 ... LastLast