New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Blank - Scared Skull

OK well here is my final entry which is now 'Scared Skull'. The original lacked any personality or character. I have also (I think) finally come to understand the BPR filters and after a little playing managed to(I think anyway) improve my little picture.

Everything built and rendered in ZBrush except for a tiny bit of texture work on the eye texture in Photoshop after I poly painted the original. Used Snip tool to screengrab the image direct from my ZBrush View port.

Hope somebody likes it :-)

I definately still have a LOAD to learn about this program but I'm slowing coming to grips with it.

Here is my entry my little 'Happy Halloween Skull'

Used polysphere for main head.
    Zspheres and adaptive mesh for jaw bone
    Dynamesh for the candle
    Knocked up simple eyes with toyplastic.

Currently trying to push the render side of things to get the right lighting and feel and also trying to work out how to make a flame for the candle, as normally I'd just comp it using Photoshop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cartoon_Skull_Entry.JPG 
Views:	367 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	280208  
    Last edited by blank; 10-31-11 at 08:20 AM.

I have leant a load over the last few days especially when it comes to features I havn't touched on before such as the BPR features, lights etc.

I have tried to keep the image totally 100% ZB but I did dip into photoshop to sharpen up my polypainted eye texture and to add more detail to it.

I'm not sure how to actually output a final comped image from ZBrush unless I save out BPR renderpasses, but I don't want to use photoshop for anything else so I have just used the snipping tool to scren grab the image from my ZBrush viewport for now.

anyway heres my next WIP image. I will put the final entry back up on the first post

Happy Halloween all :-)

Last edited by blank; 10-31-11 at 08:03 AM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

For some reason I've missed your thread on the last days...
    The eyes are really impressive
    the skull is very very nice and so your final entry

Guti - Thanks for you kind words, though I'm still very much learning. Your entry is very very good too, love the concept and it makes me smile. :-)