fj8e5la
    Guest User Gallery

Having a look at your paws, I can tell you that it might proof useful to use a mask when redefining fingers or toes. By masking a particular toe to work with, one might prevent the other toe(s) being dragged by the magnetism of the brush in use. Considering the dog as a whole, it is quite cartoon-like (not close to reality but that's intended - neck is a bit broad,...).

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

The Slash brush is good for fur. If you slashed a poly plane and grabbed the height data you could use the resulting alpha to stamp down fur to the body, rotating the alpha to follow the flow of fur across the body. Alternatively, if you made the fur alpha a seamlessly tiling one, you could apply it to the whole body in the Surface Noise panel, baking it into a Tool Layer for a start, then Morph erasing back where needed and applying fresh Slash brush strokes where needed.

Teeth are possibly better done as a separate SubTool.

Love the image of the dog facing us.

Chesh! (My only Polish word!)

Rory

Member Follow User Gallery

Maybe for the fur, you can use the rake brush.
    Nice work on the jawbone.

fj8e5la , yes, I use masking and mask by polygroup to sculpt on things that are separete, but close to eachother.
    The paws just need more work and time. THay are somehow hard to me.
    it is quite cartoon-like
    Well, I aimed for reality with this one. At least with pose and proportions - I try to make them right from beginig.
    You have right with the neck. I didn't notice tht at begining but that is easy to set it right.
    What else make him cartoonish?
    Thanks a lot!

Rory_L , I'll try to explore techniques you described. But how do youu creating alpha inside of Z? I think there
    was a way to do that, but I can't recall how ans I'm not sure of that.
    The tip with making alpha and place it manualy sound better than noise, because the fur flows different shapes
    and I wan't it to be there as well.
    Teeths are separe tool It is just BPR that makes them look like one tool. I used BPR because they were too dark
    Both parts are separated - upper and lower.
    More work watis there for me too.
    Love the image of the dog facing us.
    Thank you! I like that shoot too
    I just maximized the A
    ngle of View if someone would ask

"Chesh" sounds like "Czesc". Is it "hallo" ?

Last edited by nebular; 12-03-11 at 07:03 AM.

fj8e5la
    Guest User Gallery

The snout is very round and has to stand rather straight - a slightly downwards curved line from the eyebrows with the front extension at it's nose on top of the upper jaw. Below the nose, the snout drops backwards to the upper lip. The distance between nose and upper lip is larger (3-4 times) than the curve's total (perpendicualr) elevation between the eyebrows and nose.

Ok, I redefined the snout trying to follow you. I studied the references under your tips and I must agree.
    Should be more correct now, but I feel I'm not there yet.

fj8e5la
    Guest User Gallery

Slightly smaller eyes and longer snout. Less overbite and the jaws have to be placed further backwards.

fj8e5la , good points. I will take care on it tommorow. Thank you!

abiko, Thank you, I appreciate it
    I will do some test with fur tommorow or after tommorow.

Default Creating an Alpha in ZBrush

Set the document to a 1024 pixel square. Fill it with a Polygon plane, subdivided to over a million polys. Draw slash brush strokes across this mesh, keeping within the document border; don't sculpt to the edges. Grab the ZDepth data by pressing the Alpha/GrabDoc button. Now you can use the alpha to draw clumps of fur in flowing patterns across your dog mesh. Here's an example image:-

Thank you very much It is suprising how things obvious and easy are sometimes.I must be an ignorantThanks again. another tthing I learn from you

Default Bullterier wip

Ok, I reshaped the dog - Neck is a little shorter and thiner. Snout is a bit rounder - I thought it was to stright before.
    Changed a pose a bit, aded whiskers and some other details on snout.
    I also did some tests with color and fur. Here'am at very experimental stage so it isn't very precise.

I wan't to consider the model finished (shape, proportions). So if there aren't any problems I won't comeback to it.

I'm considering to simulate the fur differently or just texture the model, without sculpting/simulating the fur.
    The quick polypaint test isn't so bad. What do you think? I ask for help, advices and critique

fj8e5la
    Guest User Gallery

The line down from the nose to the jaw is not straight. The jaws have to be placed further backwards. Using alphas sometimes looks better, sometimes looks worse. It depends on your model.

Ok, I changed the shape. Do you think it is right?

Default Anatomy study

I've been busy with other things lately, but now I hope I will have more time for my personal stuff. Here are two sculpts - a male and female torso. I aimed them to be anatomically correct.As always all comments and critques are more than welcome.
    Last edited by nebular; 02-09-12 at 06:55 AM.

Pretty funny idea with my the pitbull dog! I will keep an eye on your process nebular :-)
    The anatomy study are a Great , but still some smaler areas with Problems!
    While sculpting the body you should definently Take a reference of some amazing anatomy sculpts!
    Will Post you a link when i get home with some refs!
    Definently keep it going and have Fun sculpting!
    Best regards,
    Kenny :-)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast