ZBrushCentral

Mentat's Sketchbook

Working on figuring out ZB4r2 and thought I would share some of my results.

Attachments

Demonculus-Texture.jpg

Demonculus-B&W.jpg

Its been awhile old friend, how the heck are you. I see your having some fun with this latest update. Good to have you back.

Hey DrJJ long time no see :cool:

Another that I am working on - off and on - I work at my regular job what seems to be 25 hours a day and there just never seems to be enough time to do the things I want to do. Anyway I am curious to see what I do with this thing.

Samhaine-1.jpg

I sat down and played with the Panel Loops feature in Zbrush 4r5. Very cool. Here are some shots of my tinkering.

Very cool “tinkering” I need to play with Panel Loops myself. :smiley:

Cheers, David

wow been along time !! great to see your posting again and hope to see more !!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Here’s some more doodling. This time it’s…wait for it…an alien head…omg whodathunkit :slight_smile: A little mesh insert, tubes, some panels.Alien-Head-Render.jpg

Another doodle this time panel loops and some tentacles.

really like this last one, very cool.

Great to see you back and sharing again!

Here is a short video of the panel loop session where I created that Orca looking craft. Forgive the quality…I haven’t experimented with the movie features of Zbrush and for some reason my history didn’t save with my Zbrush Project file so I only had one version of the movie saved and I had to try and make that work.

<iframe src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/khtUIK9_zuk?feature=player_embedded” allowfullscreen="" frameborder=“0” height=“360” width=“640”></iframe>

This is awesome! Great Thank You for the video :slight_smile:

Couldn’t think of a particular name for this guy so I started calling my working files for this little project, 'Beef". I have more work to do but thought I would share the current stage. It started as a Zsphere tool then was skinned and turned into a Dynamesh. I have been away from Zbrush for a while and haven’t used it much so part of what I challenged myself with was to sit down and start learning the tools and tricks I needed in order to do the type of work I wanted to do (which is namely full figure creatures, monsters, characters et al). It’s all starting to come back slowly and I am rediscovering many aspects of ZBrush that I had forgotten. I want to take a moment and thank the ZBC membership - your works and effort are what got my engines going again.:cool:

This pic shows some of the early stages.
Beef-Steps.jpg

This is where it is at currently. No texture - just color fill on each of the tools. I will work on a texture once I am done tweaking the body. I may replace the pedestal with a sculpted rock of some kind.
Beef-Wip.jpg

Cheers!

decent start.
Your collar bone (clavicle) is curving the wrong direction, remember that it connects to the shoulder blade (scapula). Your deltoid also connects to your clavicle as well.
The belly button on your character is far too low. It should be above the lowest ab muscle (or in the middle).
Your external obliques are also oddly shaped. I think if you remove the double fold thing going on it should be alright.
I’m digging the head, and and overall proportions though.

…an old Zbrush star! :wink:

Love the mech whale! Very interesting :slight_smile:

I think I am done with this one. Zbrush is beginning to feel comfortable again. Time to start practicing on more dynamic projects.

Final-Color-Comp.jpg

Zbrush and a little bit of postwork in Photoshop

looks really good…your designs are amazing…the only thing is the texturing you should put just a few more hours into it

I looked at your sketchbook. I wouldn’t mind you posting your superior texturing techniques. That will surely be a good 300 to 400 hours worth of tutorial material. I await with baited breath.