Default halloween graveyeard monster

Hi!

I thought I was to late for this entry, but then I saw that the time had been extended. Now that I am done with the sculpt I can see that there are some stuff that I should have polished, but it's time to move on.

sculpt progress

render passes

closeup

New Member Follow User Gallery

Smile

Awesome man, thanks for sharing! What did you use to model the grass, or usually use? Thanks! (:

WoW! Nice thread! Nice work!

Is this rendered in zbrush or another program? If it is in zbrush, how did you create the grass? =O

Glad you guys liked it. The grass is made with maya paint effects, which I exported as an obj and imported into ZBrush. I rendered the scene in ZBrush. Comp was done in photoshop.

I love the mood and lighting.

The CA looks great in the body of objects but it makes the edges scream.

Is there any sort of shader, other than a toon shader, that will output edges so they could be excluded form the CA?

I after that the edges of the foreground is too visible. This is however not caused by the chromatic abberation, but the alpha/mask of the 3d objects. Since ZBrush always render the beauty pass as premultiplied, masking of the edges is often an issue.

In this case I should have used a background in zbrush that matched the final comps background, but it had not been created yet. I could also have shrunken the mask a pixel or so in photoshop, but the best result is always to render with the correct background in zbrush.