ZBrushCentral

Catwoman WIP

Not finished yet, but I’ve gotten to a stage where I wanted to share. First thing I’ve done in AGES as I’ve been busy working for EA. That’s come to an end now so I’m doing some personal work before getting back out there looking for a new place to work.

I’ve always had a love of Catwoman but have found her to be a little too ‘sassy’ in the movies and games around so I wanted to make my version of what catwoman ‘could be’.

It’s not finished, I’ve still get to get my head around all the new tools in zbrush, I’ve been in production pretty much for the last 3-4 years and have missed out on making stuff in zbrush. I intend to make up for that now!

Oh and the model is a dynamesh, felt like I should try it out.

Crits/advice/hints n tips welcome.

Thanks
Lowpolymatt

Attachments

Cat_01.jpg

Cat_02.jpg

Cat_03.jpg

Cat_04.jpg

Amazing work! I love how the tail seems to be a part of the anatomy rather then a piece of the costume. Can you show how you put everything together, a mini demo?

Sweet! Very nice un-traditional variation on Catwomen. :smiley:

Yea. Her costume looks liek it would be to big - cool new aproach.

I knew it is dynamesh by her hands:p

This is very very cute.
I dont know much about these comics or the movies but I like your version much better, its more real some how.
The addition of the mouse is great!

Cheers!

I really like your interpretation of Catwoman. She comes in meny forms and sizes, and this is by far the most interesting Ive seen in a long time.

Good work !

@nebular:

Yes, nice observation … it looks like she is still growing into her costume! :lol:

I’ve made a few changes to the model. I’ve started to add in detail on the face (which it didn’t have before). Also, I’ve been playing with some of the new tools. LOVE the CurvePinch tool. That just goes hand in hand with dynamesh models.

Cat_07.jpg
Loving the CurvePinch tool for getting those crisp edges!

Cat_05.jpg
Facial details are more defined now. Still lots to do here…

Cat_06.jpg
Oh and I’ve perched her on feet better, it didn’t feel quite right before.

Thanks for the words on encouragement guys! It’s been a while and to get such a good response on my first model in ages is really great.

Matt

It looks as though you are on the right track, keep up the good work! :smiley:

Your sense of humor extends all the way to one of the two things that mice do that is not cute, I think that is hilarious!

Nice variation on Catwoman, although, she looks more like Catgirl. She looks like she’s in her early teens to me. I think the size of her head has alot to do with it.

really nice work! :slight_smile:

I’ve added a cage with another mouse in it> I might add more mice, we’ll see.
And I’ve added a plinth, although I’m not happy with it, it was more to familiarise myself with some of the tools I’ve not used before. Zbrush is a funny one, it feels like you bang your head against a wall for so long then all of a sudden you realise (almost instantly) how to do things.

It’s a bit like Marmite, you either love it or hate it…and I like Marmite.

Cat_08.jpg

Cat_09.jpg

Thanks for all the encouragement, I’m really chuffed you all like the model!

Matt

Cat_10.jpg

Final update for the time being. I’ve got some other projects I need to focus my attention on.

…and here is a turntable video of the model:

<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/32204735?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0” width=“400” height=“297” frameborder=“0” webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

its cool!

I like the pose, and the idea of the picture.
Great job, I’m curious to see your next project :wink:

It is beautiful but the mouse in the cage is lost in that final render.I also like her position and especially her expression in the first color render. The former is a look of wonder and kindness the later is IMHO cold and a bit ambiguous.

Cheers! :smiley:

@ Chalkman: Yep I agree, the initial model (the one you’re referring to) didn’t actually have eyes at that point, just empty painted eye ‘sockets’ and I think I managed to catch good angles where they gave off that cute innocent look. Since then I’ve reworked the face, broke it off as a separate subtool, added in eyes and generally cleaned it up but I’ve lost a bit of that look in the process. Also, I’ve given her big black eyes ( a bit like a cute cat) which I think make her less human, but also cooled off her characteristics a bit.

I’m going to have to work on it a bit to get that feeling back, but I’ll give it a go. I’m going to polish the model a bit, hopefully I’ll get time to take on board your comments. I dont have a lot of free time so I’ll see how it goes!

Thanks
Matt