Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Oh, and I almost forgot...

I would really love to see more tools for Automotive and Architectural rendering.
    I still find myself using other programs to achieve the best results.

Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by coreyschroeder View Post
    I dont care what anyone says.... The BEST feature of Zbrush, is that its developers will give you FREE upgrades to the newest version of their
    software... Hoepfully that stays the same for Zbrush 5.

Cant wait to check out 4R2B!
    Corey
    No, sorry. The best feature of ZBrush is the quality of the tool and the amazing work that the community is able to create with it. That Pixologic has been as generous as they have with their updates is a blessing. I'm grateful. With respect, show some gratitude—they've earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by anand7 View Post
    I dont care what anyone says.... The BEST feature of Zbrush, is that its developers will give you FREE upgrades to the newest version of their
    software... Hoepfully that stays the same for Zbrush 5.

Cant wait to check out 4R2B!
    Corey
    No, sorry.
    So you don't agree with Corey when he says one of the best things about Zbrush is that it features free upgrades?

The best feature of ZBrush is the quality of the tool and the amazing work that the community is able to create with it.
    I completely agree. The best feature of Zbrush is Zbrush and the God-like creative power it bestows upon artists. Or were you speaking about a specific tool?

That Pixologic has been as generous as they have with their updates is a blessing.
    So you do agree with Corey when he says one of the best things about Zbrush is that it features free upgrades?

With respect, show some gratitude—they've earned it.
    With respect, I don't see anything in the forum rules that says we must all show gratitude when we post. From the sound of Corey's comment, he is plenty grateful. Like you, I too am grateful and Pixologic has my sincerest thanks for all they have done for artists. However, some folks don't like Zbrush and do not have anything good to say about it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and I still respect their opinion, even if I don't agree with it. People need to stop being so sensitive over a (really great) bunch of code lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixolator View Post
    ZBrush4 R2b is planned to be released in the second half of December 2011 as a free-of-charge upgrade to all registered users.

Thank you for your continued support,
    You're welcome, and thank you for your continued support of Zbrush artists everywhere. You are an amazing company to say the least, and I look forward to seeing the list of bugs you've fixed!

"With respect, show some gratitude—they've earned it."

Along with the £500 we pay for it ....

Hope they fix the deformation tool settings for Windows 7 64 that leads to unpredictable crashes.

Zeddicus, thanks for sticking up for me, brother!

anand7-
    How is praising someone on something, showing a lack of gratitude?
    Here, let me rephrase my comment, as to not offend you...

I'm GRATEFUL that zbrush has made all of their updates free of charge.

Exactly the same as saying: The best feature is the free upgrades..
    ...Its just a little more urban, and slightly less religious.

At any rate, we all have something in common.
    We all use Zbrush either recreationally or commercially.
    All for the same reason.
    It is KICK@$$.

If Pixologic decides to release ZB5 for free, or if they decide to slap a $500 upgrade fee on it..
    I'm still going to be a loyal Zbrush user, and take the means necessary to upgrade.
    I was merely paying praise to the fact that this business gives so much to the 3D community.
    In a time where nothing is free, economies around the world are in the gutter, they make their product free.
    There is something to be said about that.

Keep it up Pixologic, we all love what you are doing.

anand7-

Fair enough and well said.

The combination of two phrases smacked me the wrong way..."I don't care what you say..." and "The BEST feature..." I've been battling corporations for a long time getting them to live up to their promises. Most recently, it's the software companies and (twitch) Sony. I respect Pixologic for the pride they seem to take in creating a world-beating tool and for me, that is the best feature. That they have upgraded every licencee for free is remarkable but if the tool was rubbish, that wouldn't count for much.

Consider if people said, in the face of what your good friends say, that your very best feature was that you always buy drinks and that you never expect repayment. I don't know about you but I'd like to respected and valued by the quality of my friendship...not the freedom with which I blow my cash.

But enough. I was oversensitive and you use language differently from me. So, I'm willing to end this and continue fantasising about 4r2b...

been so busy I just learned of this. Thats so cool how this company treats its customers. I cant wait to see what the change log will all include. good job !!!

Default spoiled

awesome , another update , and another free update
    im new to computers (BEWARE)

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thank You Pixologic

Thumbs up Awesome..!

great update....! Thanks to pixologic ..!
    Last edited by kallesh3d; 12-12-11 at 08:39 AM.

I'm having some difficulty with GoZ for Cinema 4D r13 (Mac OS 10.6.8). The C4D script works & sends my base mesh to ZBrush. The GoZ button from ZBrush launches C4D but does not send/update the geometry. The same GoZ set up works perfectly with C4D r12 and earlier. Is it me or is there a fix in the works?
    I have tried the Dec 08 plugin but the issue persists.

Has this update been released yet then ?

How can I tell that I have all the latest updates for Zbrush and the plugins ?

Thanks
    Last edited by bluemidget666; 12-13-11 at 06:51 AM.

anand7-

Exactly the same as saying: The best feature is the free upgrades..
    ...Its just a little more urban, and slightly less religious.

At any rate, we all have something in common.
    We all use Zbrush either recreationally or commercially.
    All for the same reason.
    It is KICK@$$.

If Pixologic decides to release ZB5 for free, or if they decide to slap a $500 upgrade fee on it..
    I'm still going to be a loyal Zbrush user, and take the means necessary to upgrade.
    I was merely paying praise to the fact that this business gives so much to the 3D community.
    In a time where nothing is free, economies around the world are in the gutter, they make their product free.
    There is something to be said about that.

hmmm...
    when I decided to buy a brush based sculptor last year deciding between Mudbox and ZBrush ( of which I loved both ) the deciding factor for me was that ZBrush upgrades are free.
    Is this not the case?
    Last edited by claydough; 12-13-11 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemidget666 View Post
    Has this update been released yet then ?
    Notice how there's nobody going "whoohoo" just yet? I don't think that r42b is out yet. I know that I haven't gotten any e-mail notification and there's certainly nothing in my support account about it having been released. They said late December. It's still only the 13th. I suspect that it'll be out before they visit family for Christmas or just right after the holidays, if they follow their typical delay pattern. Either way, I don't think that it should be too far away.

How can I tell that I have all the latest updates for Zbrush and the plugins ?
    Your ZB version is listed in the title bar way up top. If it says that you've already got ZBrush4R2 then you should be current. Otherwise, you're going to probably need to contact Pixologic directly. The download link and upgrade instructions for 4R2 come from Cleverbridge.
    Last edited by cookepuss; 12-13-11 at 12:31 PM.
    Intel i7-980x 6-core @ 3.33GHz, 24GB RAM, 4TB hdd, ATI Radeon HD5770, 24" LCD @ 1920x1080

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast