New Member Follow User Gallery

Amazing work! Would really like to see more of your workflow if possible ^^

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Fantastic

It is very realistic. I wonder how much rendering technique one needs to create those scenes..
    Great work, sir.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by waynedxf View Post
    Thanks yvan_c! great to meet you to, nice to see other SA people here! you work in the cg industry?
    No I don't. Sadly. I'm a hobbyist. Have been dabbling in Zbrush & a other 3d & graphic apps for a number of years now. I think I was born to early to have made a career out of it. Wish I did, though.

Great to see someone else in SA who actually knows what ZB is. LOL!

Default nice

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww such a nice water work

Default Old

Quote Originally Posted by yvan_c View Post
    No I don't. Sadly. I'm a hobbyist. Have been dabbling in Zbrush & a other 3d & graphic apps for a number of years now. I think I was born to early to have made a career out of it. Wish I did, though.

Great to see someone else in SA who actually knows what ZB is. LOL!
    Hi Yvan... what are you 100 years old... I too am a ou-toppie (SA slang for old man - for other readers) and have got myself where I am and still learning... keeps me out of trouble...

Ziggy
    ziggy@zerografx.com[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]
    www.zerografx.com[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]
    www.artstation.com/artist/ziggy[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]

Hey Ziggy, hahaha, yes, I'm also learning everyday. In fact, everything I know about cg and 3d art, I learned from books and the internet. What I meant was, when I went to University (more than 20 years ago) things were definitely different from what they are now. I would have loved to study cg full time with the technology which is available now.

Cheers, from one 'old toppie' to another )

Quote Originally Posted by yvan_c View Post
    Hey Ziggy, hahaha, yes, I'm also learning everyday. In fact, everything I know about cg and 3d art, I learned from books and the internet. What I meant was, when I went to University (more than 20 years ago) things were definitely different from what they are now. I would have loved to study cg full time with the technology which is available now.

Cheers, from one 'old toppie' to another )
    Yvan... un-employment and my business going down the drain due to the crazy affrimative action and BEE laws forced me to do something, so a blessing in disguise... at least I am not begging, stealing, protesting etc... just look at the news.

Blessed with a PC and ZBrush...

Go Well! and remeber to always enjoy what your doing no matter what the challenge may be... I skipped out on University due to our crazy War back then, but even that had lessons and learning involved... my bothers in arms also supply me with constant projects...

Ziggy

Very nice work!

I think Modo's splash-kit would have helped immensely. It would have probably shaved production time. And I think it's rendering would have looked even more awesome, light refraction and all.

But Zbrush is definitely indispensable in work like this, no doubt.

5 stars!

Thanks a lot all really appreciate the feedback even to the old toppie on here! lol
    I personally think you never to old to create amaizng works of art! just passion, hard work and lots of practise!
    anyways Tenchi, I'll get the horse stuff together and create a workflow for you, if you want to know anything else just ask!
    Hey EricShawn, going to definitely check out that splash kit thing you talking about! sounds interesting!
    thanks again!

Just a little workflow of the horse render!

as per the last ad, this was the sketch supplied!

asways bets to just rough out a shape or something to work with and impoort into z, from there its
    quick to rough out anyshape with zsphere's and get the pose down!

this was the final shot we used for the advert!

we liked the horse posing in this picture and worked over it to keep that dynamic run cycle,
    using zsketching to start filling out the horse!

adding much more detail in the horse and thinking about the water direction and drops of the surface, always using real water reference images to scuplt from!

using a rough render of the horse just to position and sketch out what we thought would work for the BG! once that got approved, we started sculting all the elements in maya and detailing in z!

this was the first test render of where we were headed!

building all the elements in the BG! wip

the final with all the elements and grading and extra comping in photoshop!
    Thanks again! piece out
    Last edited by waynedxf; 11-20-11 at 09:53 PM.

Default Outoppie

Quote Originally Posted by waynedxf View Post
    Thanks a lot all really appreciate the feedback even to the old toppie on here! lol
    I personally think you never to old to create amaizng works of art! just passion, hard work and lots of practise!
    anyways Tenchi, I'll get the horse stuff together and create a workflow for you, if you want to know anything else just ask!
    Hey EricShawn, going to definitely check out that splash kit thing you talking about! sounds interesting!
    thanks again!
    Jip Wayne.... one has given up when you stop learning... Never stop learning, my motto...!

Nice work flow on horse....

Regards Ziggy

Great post, lovely. I really like how you've harmonized and equalized the tonal range between models and virtual set.
    ......Nobody tries to be lah-di-dah or uppity--There's a cup-o'-tea for all.

Gorgeous work!! Must be REALLY cool to see your stuff up on a billboard. Congrats!
    https://www.artstation.com/maximusin3d

"There is no tomorrow!"
    -Apollo Creed

Great work!
    My portfolio | My Sketchboo|My Blog

"The work will teach you how to do it. Just get going, every master was once a novice..."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast