ZBrushCentral

My Personal Artwork - Rami Ramahi

Hello Everyone
Id like to share my personal artwork that I do in zbrush, most of it will be unfinished work in progress. but I do hope you find it enjoyable. and please any critiques comments are welcomed especially when it comes to anatomical structures or even hint-full techniques in sculpting would be very appreciated.

This first piece Ill be showing this week is a character inspired by greek mythological creature centaur. well hes a Minotaur/Centaur or as i called him Minotaurian Centaur. I started with this character very roughly in sculptris and took him further in ZB4 R2, which was a great experience especially with the dynamesh feature which allowed me to go further distances in the sculpting process. hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

<iframe width=“420” height=“315” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/KR4KzmCkavA” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Dno32uvt-M” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Attachments

MinoCentaur_001.jpg

MinoCentaur_003.jpg

MinoCentaur_004.jpg

MinoCentaur_005.jpg

MinoCentaur_002.jpg

So I decided to pose this guy without any concerns of topology since this is a concept art phase. So as you’ve nocticed hes not your typical ancient centaur. I always thought it would be cool to see what mythological species couldve survived till today if they ever existed that is and this is what i visioned. btw i dont like the bazooka design yet, im still in the researching process, just thought to lay that in there for posing purposes, youll see alot changes.
Hope you enjoy this update

<iframe width=“420” height=“315” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/xDMwC9CIFvc?rel=0” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I love it! A great sculpt and he has a lot of personality. :smiley: Can’t wait to see more!

thank you chalkman, Im really happy your loving it. i really hope you enjoy the final outcome

Here is a quick update today, i fixed a bunch of anatomical errors, and did a quick paint over just to explore my options for later

<iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rl6Vt4Pi59c?rel=0” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Looking very good! :D:D

Good progress, you can make him look more badass, this face is not very ok, also I think you may watch some reference about carrying heavy objects, lots of things are happening with the clavicles, pelvis, it is not enough to just rotate the torso.

thanks idkfa, i know i was going to hear something about his face, cause i wasn’t satisfied with it either that’s diffenitly something im working on.
about the clavicle, im trying to find a clear reference of that exact angle, but barely found anything close if you have anything that might help it would be appreciated.
what i intended to do is give the impression that he can carry a heavy bazooka effortlessly as if hes holding a stick or a shotgun, hopefully im giving the right idea within my sculpt.
thanks for mentioning these points, i really do want to get this to look right

Hi Rami, been watching this post for a few days now. I like this sculpt very much. I think you have some good ‘balance’ going on i.e. the proportions from the ‘human’ top to the ‘bull’ bottom, the gun size etc. You should put him on some kind of cool looking base?? You know, to make it look like a collectible?? I do have to agree with /idkfa, do something with the ‘mug’-:smiley: . Maybe if you take off that goofy grin he has going on and make him looking more pissed off, that might help. Or, if your intension IS to give him a grin, make it only to one side and more sinister looking. Bring DOWN his brow’s (as if looking serious or mad). Where his horns meet his head, maybe ADD some ‘skin fold’ around the horns, so the horns look like they ARE coming from his skull under the flesh (popping out through the flesh). Same thing where the legs meet the hoofs, have the flesh/hair overlap the hoofs. Make the end of the tail look MORE like hair (bushy tail??) Also, his body looks TOO shiny. Are you looking to put armour on him? Would be cool! The straps on the weapon, ‘I’ think they should be ‘sagging’, they look TOO perfect. ‘Maybe’ adding some rings to his fingers would give him ‘some’ character? As well as piercing one of his ears with an earing and or a big thick cool looking ring through his nostrils or on just one nostril would be awsome. Just my two cents buddy, I can see your putting alot of effort into this one, and I am just trying ta help out for a cool and awsome outcome-:wink:
PS: sorry if a little harsh with my words about his grin, but, just looking forward to an amazing final sculpt from ya, and don’t want his face ruining it.

You sir got me more enthused about finishing this character, most of what you’ve mentioned was my intention in the later process. i just haven’t got the chance to show those yet :slight_smile: takes a bit of time to get things right if you know what i mean
and no worries about the face, when im not satisfied with it and the audience is not happy with it i will change it.
and please be as harsh as you can when you see something awfully wrong i do appreciate ur honesty, im planing to make the best out of this :wink:
again thanks for the motivation

Hey Rami, This looks great! Very strong sense of anatomy.
There are few issues that I thought I’d point out:

• I don’t know if you wanted purely human anatomy for the upper body, but you have an extra set of abs. Humans have 4 abs between the belly button and the chest, the 2 extra “abs” that make a 6-pack in humans is actually the muscles over the rib cage right under the breasts.
  • The horns seem to thin and sharp, it makes them look fragile and gives the sens that the character has never been in battle.
  • I’d bend the left elbow a little and rotate the left shoulder back a bit just to give a more interesting silhouette.Keep up the awesome work!

thanks idkfa, i know i was going to hear something about his face, cause i wasn’t satisfied with it either that’s diffenitly something im working on.
about the clavicle, im trying to find a clear reference of that exact angle, but barely found anything close if you have anything that might help it would be appreciated.
what i intended to do is give the impression that he can carry a heavy bazooka effortlessly as if hes holding a stick or a shotgun, hopefully im giving the right idea within my sculpt.
thanks for mentioning these points, i really do want to get this to look right

np dude :+1: i don’t have right reference for this pose, good thing to do is to use mirror or take photos of yourself carrying similar object, check an anatomy book and analyze what happens. Sometimes this is faster than googling and you can have enough angles, also this is helpful for folds and stuff. Good luck!

I am equally ‘ENTHUSED’ about see your scuplt complete-:smiley: It’s cool to know that you do have on the back of your mind more details for him. Are you going to add some scaring to his body or face or both? Just thought of that this AM. Also, any tattoos? That might be cool as well??
“…takes a bit of time to get things right if you know what i mean…” Oh ya, I most certainly know what you mean. I have been working on a car that has taken me a year to complete (looking to finish it this month). But for me, it has been mainly about learning ZBrush (been experimenting with all the tools and the new ones like Dynamesh and the insert brushes etc). Anywho, will keep an eye on your post. Best.

Hello everyone
Thank you all for the support and the advice youve given me. all of you have been really helpful and motivating.
Here is what I got so far, still i havent got everything in, for instance i still have to go in and detail most of the his body (during the dynamesh you tend to to loose certain details)
the face gets smudged quickly, so this time i think ill leave dynamesh since i got a good base already, and clean the mesh up a bit.
a new addition as you can see is the shoulder high tech armor. tell me what you guys think regardless of the missing elements such as the strap thats supposed to be holding it.

<iframe width=“420” height=“315” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/PBXb1o1yhHo?rel=0” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I also have this image of the back muscles and the clavicle. Ive done some researching and i even looked at the mirror a couple of times :smiley:
still it can be a bit confusing since the muscles around clavicle can vary in form and angle regardless of what the arms action. but i think i got the clavicle`s vertical line set to the right angle
as for the arm hanging down, i assume thats what Psycho-Designs was talking about. your absolutely right about the silhouette point, but hopefully what im going to add to it later will compensate for that.

CENTMINT_Back.jpg

Here is another character I had in mind for a long time. TMNT was my main inspiration for creating him, hes some sort of a villainous mutant cowboy horse. This was actually fun to create I wanted to characterize him based on the good bad and the ugly movie. hes mostly the (bad) sort of character. hope you like him and let me know what you think
cheers

<iframe width=“420” height=“315” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/WPE6iRS3G2U?rel=0” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

The armor doesn’t do it for me, it’s not needed IMHO. Keep refining what you have and you will have something special! The new character looks promising as well! Cheers, David :smiley:

Hello everyone hope I didnt take too long, work has been eating me up all month. but nevertheless I got some stuff done, so here is what I got so far.I haven’t done much with the Mino centaur, Im kinda disappointed with my self on that, but Im still on it.I added a couple of new ones, an update on the TMNT character which i started in sculprtris and a Vicious Giant Wasp hope you like theseYou can also check turntable videos on my youtube channel right here http://www.youtube.com/user/Ralramahi?feature=mhee

Hello Again
just wanted to post one my last works.
I decided to call him The Wasposaurus, cant think of any clever names for him. hope you like him though

<iframe width=“420” height=“315” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/WhFYTT4M-Tg?rel=0” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I wanted to scukpt something different this time a little less aggressive than the previous work, That was my first approach with zbursh`s fibermesh. I know I can get it to look better. still getting the hang of it.
hope you guys like this for a change
GirlSculpt.jpg

The Girl is looking sweet but need more work on eyes.
The eyes are looking dead and seems you didn’t concentrate on them.
Eyes are the most important part on face.

I totally agree with you. already fixing that and im adding eyelashes later on, I realize theyre very essential for her femininity.
thanks for watching

Hi to all
Its been a while since my last post, But I do have something new to show, Im currently creating this image for a 3D Facebook contest. Basically we have to create some sort of an adaptation to Serge Biraults 2D Concept. He has absolutely the most Beautiful Digital paintings Ever, Im a really big fan. and this has been a great fun and honor to work on one of his sketches. Im not expecting to win since the competition is extremely tough and judging from they contestants previous work the experience is beyond what I imagined, nonetheless Ill continue with it because firstly just because Its fun, and secondly I want to give it my best shot :slight_smile:
Hope you guys like her so far. you can check out the competition under the following links http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.411981895503101.101191.217144088320217&type=1
and here is mine http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=414791148555509&set=a.411981895503101.101191.217144088320217&type=3
and my Deviantart linkhttp://ralramahi.deviantart.com/art/Serge-Birault-FB-3D-CONTEST-WIP-1-303454906?q=gallery%3Aralramahi&qo=0

Here is the reference given
Reference2.jpg

and this is my zbrush work

Enjoy