Cool Peter Lorre....not?

Not Peter Lorre himself, just a vision of his characters in black and white films.
    My take on "Arsenic & Old Lace" and his line: "Oh no, Johnny, please not like in Philadelphia!".
    And if you wonder, yes the hat comes from Mr Cairo In **another** movie.

Last edited by usurpator; 12-02-11 at 11:43 AM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I don't know these movies, but the character is very funny

Quote Originally Posted by nebular View Post
    I don't know these movies, but the character is very funny

Thanks! You MUST see "Arsenic & Old Lace" and "Casablanca", they are fantastic movies and very easy to find anywhere!

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by usurpator View Post
    Thanks! You MUST see "Arsenic & Old Lace" and "Casablanca", they are fantastic movies and very easy to find anywhere!

cheers!
    Wholeheartedly agree! I wish more people appreciated the old classic b&w movies the way you obviously do. Your Lorre is a welcome treat. Now I'm searching for reference photos of Sidney Greenstreet from The Maltese Falcon. Thanks for the insperation!
    Deviantart

An old dog, learning some new tricks.
    Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Joel: I can't do it... this just isn't working. I don't know how Shatner does it every week!
    Crowe T. Robot: I don't know why he does it, or who lets him do it!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree! I wish more people appreciated the old classic b&w movies the way you obviously do. Your Lorre is a welcome treat. Now I'm searching for reference photos of Sidney Greenstreet from The Maltese Falcon. Thanks for the insperation!
    Thanks! I've just uploaded (re: my sig) a Mob Boss for my Peter Lorre, He was supposed to be a Greenstreet character but ended up far leaner.... let's say he's a modern cardio-aware version of Greenstreet . this said I am planning a "sweaty bully" type.
    I do indeed look forward to your Maltese Falcon boss!
    I'm currently, as I type, working on the Femme Fatale for my mobsters

Looking forward to your sculpts!

Red face

Oh, btw, not that it's interesting or anything: at the moment I try working without reference, rather from emotional memory. I try to get the expression, so I don't want to get stuck with the expression of an actor on a certain photo. Plus I don't feel capable yet of trying a likeness.

This said I know those old movies by heart so I don't need much of an effort to summon up those wonderful people.

Mmmmm.... I think I'm going to do a Cary Grant type, one those days.... the Loony version from "Bringing up Baby"!

Oh, btw, not that it's interesting or anything: at the moment I try working without reference, rather from emotional memory. I try to get the expression, so I don't want to get stuck with the expression of an actor on a certain photo. Plus I don't feel capable yet of trying a likeness.

This said I know those old movies by heart so I don't need much of an effort to summon up those wonderful people.

Mmmmm.... I think I'm going to do a Cary Grant type, one those days.... the Loony version from "Bringing up Baby"!
    I wish my memory was that good. Your Lorre bust is twice as good after finding out you were working from memory!

Shameless plug inserted here; If you're interested in old bad movies, I have a wip bust of Tor Johnson on the page linked in my sig.

Edit; watching Arsenic and Old Lace again thanks to you and NetFlix.
    Last edited by voodoodad; 12-03-11 at 12:27 PM.
    Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Joel: I can't do it... this just isn't working. I don't know how Shatner does it every week!

I love your Tor Johnson!
    if you like bad movie you must see the bad movie made ON PURPOSE "Lost Skeleton of Cadavra" it's a masterpiece homage to old crapy movies and it's so hilarious it hurts each time I watch it!

Give my best regards to the son of the cook! (re: last scen before conclusion of old lace :-D)

I love your Tor Johnson!
    if you like bad movie you must see the bad movie made ON PURPOSE "Lost Skeleton of Cadavra" it's a masterpiece homage to old crapy movies and it's so hilarious it hurts each time I watch it!

Give my best regards to the son of the cook! (re: last scen before conclusion of old lace :-D)
    Will do! And I will look up that movie as soon as old lace is over.
    Deviantart

Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!