New Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up

Ignore Paul, he clearly did not visit your website or appreciate just how much has to be done to scan data in order to sculpt it up to the quality you have. You are insanely talented!

On a side note and relating to the question I asked before regarding muscles, I see that the scan data gave you none of the muscle fiber standing / banding. Did you use the standard clay tubes and rake tool to achieve this or did you adopt your own strategy? If so would you mind sharing how you achieved this? Even if it is as simple as what brushes you used or if you used your own alpha etc... ?

Thanks R1DD1CK, you deserve TOPROW

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I apologize, the word “fooling” was quite inappropriate.
    Well, I was fooling around in my last post. :-)

The scan data debate is interesting. The question of "is it ok to use premade base meshes" is one I'm puzzling over.

In the end though, if someone doesn't know their subject and how to sculpt its details, is the final product going to be worth looking at?

Is the final result all that matters? Do art and philosophy -- or art and ethics -- even belong in the same sentence?

Endless questions -- maybe there is no right answer to any of them. :-) Just individual belief and preference.

Default great job

scan or not scan, is like the old discussion about photo and painting, or if you project the image, or if you use a photo as reference, that discussion is long long gone if we are talking about "art" (and that is another big talk, as many people would say that what you can see here is not great art or even art) and in the other hand, does it matter? no, skills are outstanding, the renders are great, skills fantastic, of course that´s my opinion. my compliments for your work.
    Scans are here for all now, you can make photos, it doesn´t mean you are a good photographer and by far a good artist.

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Re: scans vs no scan.

I'll never understand the people that hold an artform up to some arbitrary production ethic. By the same logic we shouldn't even use computers to create artwork as that just makes things too easy and it's not true art right???
    If we were to stay on that course of thinking every evolution of the artistic tool would be ineligible and we'd be stuck with charcoal on a cave wall or our fingers shaping lines in the dirt.
    Besides, the eye is the greatest tool any (visual) artist has.

Use what you can. Evolve or perish.

Cool work. 123D Catch is a great tool, just started playing around with it.

By the same logic we shouldn't even use computers to create artwork as that just makes things too easy and it's not true art right???
    Last time I checked, some art stores (and contests) disallowed computer art, because...? I don't know why. I always worked just as hard on a digital piece as I ever did on a watercolor/colored pencil painting.

If we were to stay on that course of thinking every evolution of the artistic tool would be ineligible and we'd be stuck with charcoal on a cave wall or our fingers shaping lines in the dirt.
    And any visual aids would automatically be out the door, like the projection tools of the Old Masters -- or even grid lines. Image planes would be totally banned. :-)

Use what you can. Evolve or perish.
    Today's world is so fast paced, one better evolve with the times.

Still -- I don't believe a great piece of art can be created, no matter what cutting edge tools the artist has, unless the artist knows his subject and the proper techniques to use. The tools we have today just allow the skilled artist to shine like the noonday sun.

We see that here. We all have ZBrush, but do all of us produce jaw-dropping pieces? Not at first, we don't. Not until we work and learn.

BTW, krawlin, it looks like I'm debating with myself, but actually, I'm agreeing with you. I admired your post.

great work

Amazing! I've been your fan from long time and the medical works are really a blast - rendering and detailing!

"This guy is just fooling the whole community."

That's pretty rich coming from a guy who only posts work created in Blender on a dedicated ZBrush forum

Great work Alexey

Dear AJ,
    I have apologized for the word “fooling”, so there is no need to quote it. I am a poor guy and I cannot afford ZB yet, but I want be in ZB community to learn from the great artists (neither you nor reddick are one of them, unfortunately), so I do use Blender, and it is not banned at this forum. I did not like the fact that the scans of the dead bodies were posted here without the permission of the relatives. I’ve lost my father and mother and I think posting commercial pathology anatomical studies based on scans of the dead people at this forum is not ethical. But I can be very wrong, of course.

These are all stunning! I have worked on anatomy models over the years and these the most impressive I have seen. Wow wow wow!

I'm a medical doctor and 3D-hobbyist and

I'm fascinated by your wonderful anatomic work

mawag01

I am an MD too and your work is absolutely great and very accurate and realistic.
    Nice Job.
    Rasta's -Tutorials can be found hereD

Link-thread to all tutorials:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?p=673344

Default Muscle Fibers

Great stuff! I'm much the same as Felix and would love to know more about the muscle fiber process. In performing similar work I find alphas tend to blend the strands into each other and it is difficult to maintain the strands around the curves and form of the muscles. I've experimented with curves but nothing that works great at the moment. Only thing that does seem to work is doing the strands almost one at a time which is a killer so not really a good solution.

Cheers,

Guys, thank you all very much!

My new work - Leptospira Bacteria in 3D.

Portfolio - kashpersky.com
    Facebook - fb.com/mrRID
    Instagram - kashpersky_com

I'm floored!
    Absooutely stunning
    the sculpt the render
    just perfect well done!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast