ZBrushCentral

Ben Mauro Sketchbook

Buggers and Chimps

Was having trouble uploading this to my old thread, will see if this works this time. :confused:

All of the these images are personal work. The Bugger stuff is just some fun from last weekend after re-reading ‘Ender’s Game’. The full body bugger sculpt was just a WIP to get an idea for a possible body, i started with a dynamesh sphere for that one. I took an extraction of the head and used that as my base for the more detailed sculpts that lead to the design in the color illo. I composited and painted all the colors/patterns in Photoshop…still not very skilled at using Polypaint, will try to do the coloring on the model next time for some practice. Fun times.

If you would like to see any of these larger, the full resolution images are posted on my blog. http://benmauro.blogspot.com/

Happy Holidays!
-Ben

Edit: oops just realized these havent been showing up! they should be working now.
Ender_BuggerR1s_BM.jpgEnder_Buggerface2s_BM.jpgEnder_Bugger5s_BM.jpgEnder_BUGGERturnaround4s_BM.jpg

Attachments

Ender_BUGGERturnaround4s_BM.jpg

Ender_Buggerface2s_BM.jpg

Ender_Bugger5s_BM.jpg

And here are the chimps…hopefully these images are showing up now. This one is from a while back, the Bugger is more recent. :slight_smile:

Oppenheimer_01g_BM.jpg

Oppenheimer_Turnaround2_BM.jpg

Attachments

Oppenheimer_Turnaround2_BM.jpg

Very impressive

well done

D.

love the first creature:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Very impressive… I like them both! :+1:

First alien is cool!

Very nice, Ben. It’s a lot of fun to see where you’ve gone with your work. Long time no talk! How are you?

-Royal

Thanks all!

Royal- it has been a long time indeed! Everything is going well, its been a crazy past 4-5 years for sure. How have you been, are you still in Seattle?

I am. Life is good. More Tech than Art these days, but still lurking about :slight_smile:
Congrats on all your success, it is awesome to see!

Loving the alien dude.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Cheers

Oh damn! Ben Mauro’s got a hold of ZBrush! This is gonna be cool :slight_smile:

I’m just making an official post so I’ll get a notice when you update. Will be looking forward to your progress.

Hey Trevor!
Dang! What an interesting thread to meet old aquaintences on!

A small selection of Zbrush related work i am able to show for the film.

Megaptor
Here was one of the big creatures called the Megaptor we see early on in the film in a chase sequence. Was sculpted/painted over out of ZBrush and then posed/rendered to be used in multiple action scenes to get the director and crew excited for the sequence in the film. :slight_smile:

You can see more of the work i did on the film here: http://benmaurodesign.com/VALERIAN
V_Megaptor_01_BM_2.jpg
MEGAPTOR_model2edits_BM_2.jpg
V_megaptor_chase_01d_BM_2.jpg
V_megaptorchase_01_BM_2.jpg
V_megaptorchase_02b_BM_2.jpg

Attachments

V_megaptor_chase_01d_BM_2.jpg

V_Megaptor_01_BM_2.jpg

MEGAPTOR_model2edits_BM_2.jpg

V_megaptorchase_01_BM_2.jpg

V_megaptorchase_02b_BM_2.jpg

A small selection of Zbrush related work i am able to show for the film. Here was one of the robots in the film called the KTRON. Was sculpted/painted over out of ZBrush/Keyshot and then rendered/detailed to get the director and crew excited. :slight_smile:

You can see more of the work i did on the film here: http://benmaurodesign.com/VALERIAN

V_KTRONnew_01_BM.jpg
KTRON_head_01_BM_2.jpg
KTRON_newFULLSSSSSSSSSSS_BM_2.jpg
And how they ended up in the film.
KTRON.jpg

Attachments

KTRON_head_01_BM_2.jpg

KTRON_newFULLSSSSSSSSSSS_BM_2.jpg

KTRON.jpg

V_KTRONnew_01_BM.jpg

The KTRONs were my absolute favorite part of the movie! Thank you for that!!

really awesome concepts!!! I also like the KTRON the most

Nice work…

Stunning work. Both designs are superb. Bravo.

Truly cosmic work/art. As soon as I saw the KTron I knew I saw that style somewhere before.
loved your work on ELYSIUM as well.

Awsome work for an Awsome Movie. I grew up with Valerian. Now 40 years later a movie. Thats to cool!!!
Thanks for sharing i am happy that so very talented People made this movie.