ZBrushCentral

JJP3D - 2011 Portfolio

Hey fellow Zbrushers, havent posted in a long time. Here are the pieces Ive worked on this year. Let me know what you think.

MNU Soldier - Im a big fan of District 9, this is an homage to the MNU Merc in the movie. Zbrush, Max, and Vray are used to create the piece

Elf Girl - Just wanted to create an elf. Zbrush, Max, and Mental Ray

Attachments

Soldier1.jpg

Soldier2.jpg

MNUSoldier_Gray.jpg

MNUWireframeCloseup1.jpg

ElfCloseupBeauty.jpg

FairyFullBeauty.jpg

Fairy_Gray.jpg

This Dragon was inspired by the Dragon in Reign of Fire. The Texturing did not work out as well as I hoped but here is the Zbrush detailing stuff. I will have to work on the texturing.
DragonBeautyCloseup1.jpg
DragonHeadCloseup.jpg

DragonTorso.jpg
DragoninFlight.jpg

Also some old bust thats I did.

Ian_Mcshane_Final.jpg
Girl Bust.jpg

Sorry, I am very unaccustomed to the new Zbrush. Trying to change my thumbnail right now.

Attachments

ElfCloseupBeauty.jpg

Very impressive works… The elf lady’s particularly beautiful… ! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

you are so talent! i check your website and i must to say that your work inspiring me. Why would you say that its the difference between mental ray and vray?
i saw that you choose one of them in every work, mostly mental ray if im not wrong. I just finished a sculpt and i want to put in to 3ds max or Maya but i dont know
which is the best for my first attempt, i dont have a huge computer.

Brilliant work! i admires your quality of work very much! the girl and the dragon is amazing!
Top Row for me! Great work sir!

Top quality work!
I like the portraits too.
A lot of talent here!

elven girl is so pretty!:+1:

SolidSnakexxx - Thanks man!
Moga - Thanks Moga for liking my work. In regards to the question you asked. I tried Mental Ray and Vray because I just wanted to try and see how well each works. I really like them both alot. I know more about Mental Ray although I am more of a novice at both. They both give great renders but Vray to be honest seems to be more realistic and faster, although if you are an expert at Mentral Ray you can probably get better results. Hope that helps!
michalis - Thanks michalis!
Uber - Thanks!
fabianloing - Thanks Fabian, I really appreciate that!!

Stunning work dude!

Hey JP3D

Very nice update. The soldier and elf are my favorites.
The male bust looks a little plastic but other pieces are nice.
Love the detail on that dragon, The final render does not so it justice!

Keep it coming!

M-Wicz - Thanks man, much appreciated.

smallone3d - Thanks man, cant stop working! When are you going to post stuff?

Awesome work man, love the MNU soldier. The dragon’s texture looks abit low-res around the shoulder, but the sculpt is great.

Very lovely work, nice variety. I love the Elf Girl but the jewelry/chain on her forehead looks off to me, somehow not sitting properly. IMHO :smiley:

Ducard - Thanks man, yeah the texturing on the dragon was tough.

Chalkman - Thanks, I hear you on the necklace.

Beautiful sculpting! Masterfully done!

Thanks Derek!

Love the dragon man!
keep up the good work!

Thanks Ovidius, Im enjoying your sketchbook, really great stuff!

Here is a closeup of the face of the Dragon

DragonFaceCloseup.jpg

And here is a sculpt I did a while ago. A Moses bust (inspired by Cody Swanson)

Moses.jpg