ZBrushCentral

MOGA Sketchbook - Javier Moreno.

I have new sculpts so i think that is time to open a sketchbook thread and introduce myself. My name is Javier Moreno, i´m 23 and i´m from Spain. I work at The Big Picture as 3D artist since August 2011 and i´m learning zbrush in my spare time since Novemeber. i´ll put here my creations, i hope you enjoy it!

WIP Dexter, thanks spotlight! Is an important part of my realistic sculpts workflow, to fit fine detail. This is the WIP thread

A gift birthday for my friend Roberto, who introduced me to our boss at TBP. I used the BPR render in zbrush, spotlight textures of pictures from his facebook photo album and the whole model is Dynamesh at 1024 resolution, composting done in photoshop.

Attachments

BOBPASON.jpg

DXTR_spotlight2.jpg

WIP Perro Muchacho (something like “Dog Dude”), a funny character from Muchachada Nui, a spanish comedy tv show. Ill do the hair in max or maya. First modelling shirt and retopo and texturing everything
BPR_Render.jpgBPR_Render2.jpg

Reference:
perromuchacho.jpg

Render Time at work = zbrush!:+1:. I did this kind of Alien today and here we are after some compo in photoshop. Whole model with Dynamesh, but i found more useful to project detail in a duplicate mesh with low dynamesh resolution, so i can play with subdivision levels.
AlienA_.jpgAlienA_backtop.jpg

i started to create this character inspired by photos and a few memories of who was my grandad. i did a sketch last year, and when i found few days ago i cant resist to try to sculpt it.

AbueloWIP.jpg

I choose to sculpt my left hand because im right handed, so i can see my reference while i sculpt. About 3/4 hours, zspheres to Dynamesh.

PD: I made a few changes to the fingers proportion.

Production take a lot of my time the past month/weeks… this sculpt was made for the jacknicholson challenge at cgfeedback, which i dont submited and choose another one (ugly one) that i dont like…anyway…im doing new stuff right now, in less than a week i hope it finished!JackNicholson.jpg

I can’t believe that this doesn’t have any comments. This is very well done I could tell instantly from the thumbnail who it was. Mind you I have stared at his colorless life mask for hours. Excellent job

thanks! As soon as i can ill post new stuff that i hope you enjoy even more. By the way, i just check your thread and reply, i want to see that beast finished!