ZBrushCentral

T-Recks

Hey guys long time no see.

It’s been a while since I posted here, but let me assure you I have not been slacking on my 3d work. I worked on an indie project for a couple of months, but then I decided to refocus on my video game project “Wreckage.” I finally got around to doing a redesign for the t-recks after I took a dinosaur sculpting class with david krentz along with participating in a couple of other zbrush workshops.

For those of you who haven’t seen the original t-recks check out this link: http://eat3d.com/forum/work-progress/t-recks
I started on the redesign on wednesday and I tried out a new workflow that came to my mind. I started out using dynamesh in zbrush and getting my main shape in there and then exported to blender where I built the low poly base mesh. I then exported to zbrush again where I am currently doing the rest of my sculpting.

Hopefully you guys will show me the same level of support you did on the original sculpt and I would all love your feedback on this new design. I still have to finish getting the legs and arms to look right so don’t critique on those just yet.

Alright guys enjoy!

Attachments

trecks wip.jpg

trecks wip 2.jpg

Here’s another update!

trecks wip.jpg

Really cool man, i like the direction youre headed.

Thank you very much. Here is an update!

trecks head render.jpg

Here’s another update! I got around to detailing the neck a little bit more.

trecks head render.jpg

Update time!

trecks head render 2.jpg

Here’s another update!

trecks head render 3.jpg

nice start man … the scales are little too prominent and bloated i think atm. looking forward to next update… liked the proportions :slight_smile:

Which scales are you referring to? The spiked scales on the back or the scales on the head? I will refine both on the next sub level and flatten the ones on the head a bit.

I’m guessing he’s talking about the ones on the head, esp around the face. They seem a bit prominent for the trad. portrayal of Rexy, but then we don’t know, do we?! You might well be spot on! I like this ‘fully armoured’ take on the big guy, he almost looks like he’s wearing a suit of armour.
I’d be inclined to check his shoe size, they seem pretty large and its very easy to give Rex overly large feet (like Mr. Spielbergs size 400 jobs!).
But these are details, lt’s a lovely sculpt overall, looking forward to seeing how he develops. Good luck with it.

i like dinosarus , T- rex and raptor.:wink: good job!

Here’s a little something something I did today. :wink:

trecks render.jpg

Nice Job! I love your attention to detail, the scales are looking real nice…

Here’s a little head render I put together. I started adding wrinkles to the head and body so I will give you an update on that later.trecks render.jpg

nice, its looking good. though the skin membrane between the jaw… doesn’t look like it has any tension on it at all… even tho he is roaring. needs to be tight and a clean straight curve… just my opinion :).

Thanks for the feedback. It turns out that the membrane you are talking about is actually two different jaw muscles. Don’t expect it to stretch like a membrane because it isn’t. It does of course have skin that covers it so I will give it some more tension when I decide to pose it again.

Once again thanks for commenting. :slight_smile:

lots of detail ,that’s gotta be hard .
looks terrific, can’t wait to see the finished piece :+1:

Reworked the neck scales.

trecks render 1.jpg

awesome detailing waiting to see more keep rocking:+1:

Looking great! :+1: