Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    Content for Mature Audiences only. Click to view

Mature Audiences Winter Princess

This is a personal work I did for my girlfriend/muse and it's also a tribute to the great Frank Frazetta.

I must also make a reference to the beautiful work of Olivier Ponsonnet which was also a major inspiration for this piece.

The main idea was to put a female character in a fantastic scenario where I could display her beauty and sensuality next to some powerful character.

After some sketches the big white Tiger became my choice for its felin mystic and power.
    I chose a pose that would help establish a noble status and combined that with the same superiority look on her.

My intention was to insinuate that the characters were siblings, hence the tail on her.

I really enjoyed working on this piece and the final result was very rewarding.

ccs are more than welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited by TheMonkeyKing; 01-04-12 at 01:41 PM.

She is so ugly as a princess. She look like an old woman.
    Btw, the tiger is so good. What do you use to make the fur of it ?

Thumbs up

Bravo! Really wonderful, magical image! I would be interested in your work flow, wireframes, etc. Cheers, David
    And so we came forth and once again beheld the stars.
    - William Styron, Darkness Visible

Gooood.
    Impressive indeed. A beautiful female nude as I can see. Serious sculpting! Both tiger and girl, look as magical creatures as they should!!
    How you managed the tiger fur isn't clear to me. Looks like some PP is involved somehow. I may be wrong and it doesn't matter anyway.
    Beautiful.

Thanks chalkman and michalis!

Its all CG rendered with Vray in 3d Studio Max except for the Hair and Fur passes which were rendered with Scanline.
    It was my first serious experience with Hair and Fur and it works great. I must say better than I expected.

Having several things calculated separately It resulted in one of the most insane compositing scripts I have ever done in Fusion and for a full 5000 pix resolution version of the image for printing.
    I like Nuke but Fusion is really amazing and fast.

Photoshop was used for a final touch, mainly with Magic Bullet Looks.

I'll try to post some BPRs of the main sculpt.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Content for Mature Audiences only. Click to view

Mature Audiences Winter Princess - Final Version

This is the final version of an image I posted almost two months ago.

After spending so much time working on something, I start to feel the urge to show it. But I also turn blind about it, and can't really see the problems and weaknesses of my work.

It was an ambitious work with a good amount of time dedicated to it and after a while I really didn't like to look at it. It was frustrating because it seemed to have so much potential...

So I decided to do some adjustments, improvements, retouching,... and here it is. As it should have been done in the first place.

Would really like to hear some opinions on this.

beutiful work buddy...More confidence is needed on your part. I did notice some negative comments earlier in the post and take what you need from them only if you find the information useful and helpful.

This is a stand alone piece of work. be proud.

Pete

i like the previous darker render better, it has a nice moonlite feeling. maybe uncenter the composition a bit. you have equal negative space on either side of the cat - kinda makes it boring. pretty darn nice over all for sure though.
    https://www.artstation.com/magbhitu
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?161407-mag-s-WIP-thread
    my painting and render gallery

my deviant art gallery

Though I don't know if anyone would be half naked in the snow - I really like your image. My only suggestion is to add some stripes on her tail. I never even noticed that she had a tail until you said so - It blends in to the snow, etc. But If it had stripes like the white tiger it would be more obvious that she has a tail and that they are siblings.
    Last edited by LD; 02-27-12 at 09:12 AM.

think the head of the tiger needs to be smaller. too big in relation to the body. otherwise an interesting concept, and composed well.

fantastic image! Its amazing..... to crit it for me there is something is not quite right with the tiger.... ether like moonlitmaverick says the head is a fraction too large and just maybe the eyes are a tiny touch too large and too far apart which makes it look a little soft.... borderline cuddly toy.

but really with a couple of tiny tiny tweaks you have a incredible image here one to be very very proud of awesome stuff I would love to see the model from a couple of angles with just a clay matcap... great stuff!

Thanks everyone. I was really surprised with the amount of feedback I recieved. And generally positive.

ministerart@hotmail.co.uk (Pete) : Thanks for the kind and encouraging words, Pete. I really appreciate it.

magbhitu : The darker image as a more reallistic night look but I felt it lacked appeal. And since we're in the realm of fantasy I decided to give it more of a bright magical feel. As for the composition of the image, I understand what you mean and will definitely be paying more attention to that. Thanks.

LD: I have to agree with you on the stripes. It would have definitely make the tail more noticeable and emphasize the siblings relation between the two characters. Thanks.

moonlitmaverick: The fur made the head grow a bit and since I had to create too distinct fur systems for the head and the body that might have accentuted the difference. Thanks.

earthtriber: I would mention the same I did for moonlitmaverickabove. The base model was done with real photo references. Hair and fur really take time adjusting Thank you.