ZBrushCentral

Yerathel Illustration

Hello allthis is my first post on zbrushcentral
It’s a lot of time following the works of great artists on this site and I finally decided to show some of my illustrations.
The illustrations are made for the most part with Zbrush, but I also use Poser for some human subjects, Mode for hard surface modeling and Photoshop for compositing and finishing touches.
I hope you enjoy them.
Sorry for my poor English, I write from Italy.

Bye

Attachments

treant.jpg

golem.jpg

frost_giant.jpg

demone.jpg

dwarf.jpg

dwarf_thumb.jpg

they look such alive , great work! :+1:

Awesome work. I love the snow giant. Definitely has a nordic face, despite being hidden by the helmet.

Cloth, armor, atmosphere and lighting… really great stuff.

looking really lovely,

keep it up

You’ve got a great sense of atmosphere and color. I dig your work. My favorites are the dwarf and the tree. Others got stranger proportions (Maybe it’s perspective too).

Thanks to all

Agree with you.
Dwarf and treant are my favourites too, especially the dwarf. The curious thing is that this is the first of the series (treant) and last (dwarf).
However, the proportions of other subjects are deliberately exaggerated.After all, they are monsters :lol:

Another peice.
Subject modeled in Zbrush, hard surface object made with Modo, render in multipass in Zbrush and post processing in Photoshop.
Background painted in Photoshop.

satiro.jpg

ANCORA…
but…how many time do you spend to doing your works?
every day I see beautiful stuff from you!
amazing rendering and compositing!
ciaoooooooooooo

Holy cow these are great!

Really like the atmosphere. The last one is my favorite. Keep it up.

Outstanding rendering! Would love to see some breakdowns of your ZB to PS work flow.

Good thing i suscribed this thread. Your last one is awesome. Your 3D and painting mix up well.

love the frost giant great work :+1:

Gorgeous! Wondering why you didn’t also render in Modo as well since you used Modo for hard surfaces.

Still… can’t argue with results, love the painterly style.

:+1:

Thanks again :slight_smile:

well, to answer your question…because I find much easier and faster to create the render steps in zbrush rather than in Modo, also zbrush render give me a much more “painted” effect.
Also because there are too much steps to bring the model from zbrush to Modo (you know, Displacement maps, Normal maps, a correct topology, polygon count not too high and so on).
I tried to do these steps but the result does not satisfy me :slight_smile:

1 - BPR Shadow: shadows achieved by the Best Render Preview - 100% Normal

2 - BPR AO: Ambient Occlusion achieved by the Best Render Preview - Multiply 100%

3 - BPR Render: basic render obtained by the Best Render Preview - Screen 100%

4 - Right Light: render obtained using the basic material and keeping the light on that point from the right - 100% Screen

5 - Color: the model has been colored with spot color. This serves a dual purpose, to have the base color for each of the colored areas’ surface and to select them quickly with the magic wand - Hard Light 100%

6 - Right Light (copy): used to accentuate the lighting, it is changed by two adjustment levels (levels for contrast and Hue/Saturation to give a color, in this case a yellow/orange) - 43% Screen

7 - Left Light: render obtained using the basic material and keeping the light on that point from the left/rear, this light is changed by adjustment of two levels (levels for contrast and Hue/Saturation to give a color, in this case a cyan/blue) - 100% Screen

8 - MatCap Metal01: metallic effect - Hard Light 80%

9 - Matcap Metal02: metallic effect - Hard Light 80%

10 - Fake SSS: a fake Sub Surface Scattering MatCap made by me starting with the red wax default matcap, replacing textures with a simple concentric gradient from red (outside) to black (inside) and slightly modified in some parameters, nothing that anyone can get in 5 minutes - 100% Screen

11 - Backlight: Outline MatCap suitably modified with a custom texture, serves to accentuate the light coming from behind - 60% Screen

12 - Details: MatCap Framer01, serves to accentuate the fine details and give more contrast to the image - Overlay 100%

13 - alpha channel

14 - depht: used in some control channels to accentuate the depth of the image

Of course, there are a number of levels on which I paint, using custom brushes in Photoshop, some fine details, such as the weave of the fabric, dirt, spots and pores of the skin, hair, abrasions on the metal parts, etc. etc.

I could make these details directly in ZBrush, but I noticed that results are much better in PS.
Also painting directly in PS give me more control.
Many levels have linked adjustment layers to accentuate, soften or color the same levels.
The decorations on the red robe were added in post/prod. directly in Photoshop.
At the end of the day, the process is not particularly complex, the longest part of the work is done the model in Zbrush. Compositing in Photoshop takes me away from 1 to 2 hours, not more.

Hope this is clear, excuse for errors in my english.

Bye bye :slight_smile:

Hallo everybody

it is a long time not posting anything here.
I’d like to show you a couple of my latest work, all Zbrush + Photoshop.
Hope you like it :wink:

troll.jpg

Iron-Lich.jpg

Attachments

troll.jpg

Congratulations!
Another piece of art here!:+1:

PS:mmm…che acidità di stomaco!..:wink:

Eheh, thank you xexex :slight_smile:

Ma non farti venire l’acidità :wink:

Great pieces. Thanks for sharing them.