ZBrushCentral

***** ZBrush 4R2b - Launched! *****

As you know, Z4R2 is a major upgrade to ZBrush and we are thrilled with the possibilities it offers you as an artist.

Your feedback since the release of Z4R2 indicates that you have been as excited as we are!

:large_orange_diamond:Click Here to view the Z4R2’s feature list.

:large_orange_diamond:Click Here to view video tutorials demonstrating Z4R2’s features.

:large_orange_diamond:Click Here to view artwork created by Z4R2’s beta testers.

Now that Z4R2 has been put to the test by ZBrush users on many different system configurations and workflows, we found some ‘rough corners’ which we would like to polish. Therefore, we have released an update patch allowing you to take full advantage of the powerful features in Z4R2 now, without having to wait until Z5 is released.

But that’s not all! ZBrush4 R2b also includes exciting new features that are designed to push your artwork to ever greater heights!

• FiberMeshâ„¢ to create true 3D fibers, fur and hair which may be sculpted, painted, UV mapped and even exported to other applications.
  • New set of dedicated FiberMeshâ„¢ "Groom" brushes and corresponding Brush settings.
  • MicroMesh support to render fibers or single polygons as another 3D object.
  • New set of BPR filters and operators to greatly improve your final ZBrush renders.
  • BPR Global Shadow and Ambient Occlusion settings which simplify shadow management.
  • New Cavity Mixer which to define different material shaders based on the mesh cavities.
  • Improved small details creation through Alpha and Mask. Alphas may be placed using TransPose.
  • Surface Smoothness feature detects mesh curvature for Mask creation.
  • New global deformation with Transpose Curve deformation and UnClip.
  • Improved Mask operations with Shrink and Extend.
  • Topology editing additions: Group Mask and Edgeloop Mask Border.
  • New JPEG Exporter with Crop, Preview and adjustment settings.
  • Numerous improvements such as storing shadow information based on the camera point of view, preview of mesh Extraction, Auto Adjust Mode for perspective… and a lot more.

:large_orange_diamond:Click Here to view the FiberMeshâ„¢ Preview.

:large_orange_diamond:Click Here to learn more about ZBrush 4R2b’s many other features.

Last but not least… In Z4R2b you’ll find two palettes that require the use of a plugin. One of these plugins, the NoiseMaker, was previously announced and will be coming your way within a couple weeks. The other is now being announced for the first time and is code named: QRemesher.

QRemesher is result of the collective efforts of both Pixologic and Verold. As it’s name suggests, it is a remeshing solution both automatic and guided. Stay tuned, for a February pre-release Alpha version of QRemesher, available for download and preview inside ZBrush 4R2b. Once completed, QRemesher will be available for purchase and download at Pixologic.com.

More news, and exciting updates will be made available in the weeks to follow. We look forward to seeing all of your exciting new artistic pursuits on the ZBrush Central Forum.

ZBrush4 R2b is a free update for all registered ZBrush users.

• For anyone who already has ZBrush 4R2 installed, an Updater is available now in the [Pixologic Download Center](http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/). Please carefully read the instructions that are provided with the Updater.
  • If you cannot install version 4R2 (because you never upgraded to it or did not save your installer), you will not be able to use the Updater. Instead, please submit a ticket in the [Support Center](https://support.pixologic.com). Choose the "Upgrades" department when prompted. Be sure to include any information that can help us locate your account so that we can assist you promptly.
  • New purchasers of ZBrush will receive version 4R2b directly and will not need to update.
  • Floating license customers will receive an email with special upgrade instructions before the end of January.
:small_orange_diamond: Documentation for the new version is installed with ZBrush 4R2b. You will find a Documentation folder within your ZBrush 4R2b folder, containing PDF files covering the new features in ZBrush 4, 4R2 and 4R2b. Online documentation is available at [www.pixologic.com/docs/](http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/Main_Page). We will also be adding new movies to the Education section at [www.pixologic.com](http://www.pixologic.com) to demonstrate the new features and their use.

Should any issues arise, we have posted an
FAQ and Troubleshooting thread for ZBrush 4R2b HERE

Happy ZBrushing!

© 2012 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved, Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush, and the ZBrush logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic. Various patents pending. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Thanks Pixo, looking forward to giving 4R2b a spin. It’s close to 10 years with ZB for me and every new release brings fresh excitement.

I love the 11:59pm release :). Downloading/reading/soaking in everything right now :slight_smile:

Thankyou guys, great update, just about to install it now.

Thank you.

Downloading now.

Mike

Haha Perfect! lets hope it is what we hoped for.

yaaaaaa eeeeeeee :DD just awesome!!!

Thank u soooooooo very much wow looks to b an awesome piece of software and so very very happy love that you all launched it when you did and now I know the answer to my question about the Noise maker plugin. I just want to say I am so very thankful to have come across your software many years ago and really have looked no further for a better program or company cheers to a new ZB baby and to u Pixo best investment I have ever made! A fan always. :+1:small_orange_diamond:D:D:D:D:D:+1:

Downloading now and suffering from a NERDGASAM! Thanks Pixologic. :slight_smile:

There it is :slight_smile:

It’s simply amazing what you guys continue to give as a free upgrade to registered users. Z is by far the best CG app purchase i’ve ever done :smiley:

Really excited to know more about qRemesher. Looking forward to a video preview ;).

Yohooooooooo!!! :+1:

downloaded & installed :lol:

Awesome!! … Will download and check it as soon as I’m home!!

Keep it up!

Leto

The fibers were something missing to all of the character designers despite the numerous methods of faking it… until now!
It will definitely help me to complete the project I’m working on.
Thank a lot for this new implement to my favorite 3D software. You rock !!!
(Special thanks to Thomas Roussel)

Great news, thansk Pixo :smiley:

Thankyou for the free update, looking forward to the Qremesher!

Install and activation process went without a single hitch. :slight_smile:

Thank you Pixologic!

How smooth this upgrade went!
Thanks Pixologic, great work!

Danne/