ZBrushCentral

Alphas from 3D Scans - New gallery site

I’ve launched my new site featuring alphas made from 3d scans, its called Surface Mimic. Back in August 2011 I posted examples of some of my experiments to ZBC, and thanks to the feedback and encouragement from you guys, this is the result. :slight_smile: Special thanks to all the beta testers who helped in the development process.

If you think of something you’d like to see scanned, let me know. I can’t guarantee anything, but I’m scanning a lot of stuff, so I may be able to bump a scan up in priority for the highest requested surfaces.

Let me know what you think. I’m excited to see what you guys can do with these.

Go to the gallery site - www.surfacemimic.com

Disclaimer: The alpha 3d scans are for sale, but I built the website for this community. If you register, you’ll get a promotion code to download any 2 free. Also, all scans have full resolution (watermarked) versions, so you can try out every scan first in zbrush if you register.

zbc_promo_01-26-12.jpg

Attachments

zbc_promo_01-26-12.jpg

Wow, these are extremely useful. Just downloaded 2 from the site. They are awesome! Would love to see more human wrinkles and stuff. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

That looks super useful! Prices are really good too. Do you have any studio pricing?

Solidsnakexxx - Glad you like them. Interestingly enough, I have a gracious friend volunteering tomorrow to have some silicone casts taken of skin patches. If that experiment works well, I’ll expand to full head scans, with large areas of pore detail depthmaps available on the site. I’ll announce on my blog when I have that ready.

Plunq - The short answer is yes. I’ll send you a longer answer though a PM here on zbc.

Fisj, it’s a really great content. I’ve checked free watermarked examples- they are gorgeous and absolutely useful!
Is there any chance to ask you guys to check the work of Captcha on your site? I failed with registration and buying because of it.
Thank you!