ZBrushCentral

Abel's Navel - a 3D sketchbook

Hi. My name’s Abel Oroz and I’m a concept artist from Spain. I’ve decided to make the jump to 3D, at least for fun and personal development for the time being, although in indie games where I work it is a huge plus to be able to do both (as opposed to AAA development, where everyone’s super-specialyzed). Anyway, I’ll be posting here my wips and sketches, and I encourage everyone to avoid condescendence and critique as hard as possible. I’ll try to do the same for people who demand it, as long as my schedule allows (not much time to wander in forums, heh).

So, here’s a first batch. Hope you don’t like it (so you criticize mercilessly) :wink:

Attachments

bust_sketch_3.jpg

foot.jpg

bodywip2.jpg

torso.jpg

plastizilla.jpg

zbrush.jpg

Zecko.jpg

daemon2.gif

bodywip2.jpg

torso2.jpg

I love your proportions. Reminds me a lot of streetfighter stuffs with the exaggerated hands and feet. Very nice. Not a big fan of the green shader you choose for the little monster, it’s a bit distracting and makes it much harder to read the character. On the first dude…demon thing with pointy teeth. I think if you add a sharper/deeper inset at the eye it should really help to bring out his eyes. Right now it just kind of flows into the upper eyelid without any real change in surface.

sidenote: Might want to put a mature audience label on this. I don’t really care, but someone, somewhere, might.

Hey, thanks a lot for pointing that out. Instead of putting a mature filter, since I don’t have any particular plans to do a ton of mature stuff, I have just applied a bit of self-censorship to spare the troubles mature filtering.

I totally agree in both of the things you mentioned. I’m not very fond in how I solved those eyes (pretty bland), and here’s another (milder to the eye) version of the plasticine godzilla :slight_smile:

plastizilla.jpg
Edit: Damn, editing the post won’t remove the Mature tag.

Another bust for practice

womanbust.jpg

You’ve got some really strong stuff here…I really dig your anatomy. Great style as well:)

Yeah … great style!! :+1:

Abel me parecen muy buenos tus estudios.

Como pides te que los critiquen voy ha hacerte una observación.
Pienso que las aristas no te quedan limpias y los planos te quedan como bacheados.
No se si lo dejas de esta forma porque son estudios rápidos y no le quieres dedicar más tiempo o es que no sabes como mejorarlo.

Me gusta mucho el estudio del pie.

Long time no see. Let’s check if P3D.in is working here. This is a model I’m working on for Danny Williams’ masterclass. I need to enlist in masterclasses to force myself to do something outside of work, heh.

Qin Kong (View in 3D)

There’s also an screenshot version, for people with graphics card issues :slight_smile:

Attachments

Triadboss_sidekick.jpg

Cool stuff! Like the feel of your last character :+1: