Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Jake Rupert Sketchbook

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and this is my first z-brush doodle.

I used dynamesh starting from a primitive sphere. Really fun to see the sculpting brushes effecting the mesh
    even without a wacom yet.
    A bit cryptic I find how to save the picture to my harddrive. Seems I need an indeep tutorial about this.

Also:
    When I insert another primitive like a cylinder or a cube for instance into the existing mesh, how the heck can I bring in that new mesh straight and in the middle for continuing working symetrically?

Any help would be highly appreciated. I hope I will get the hang of z-brushsculpting and be able to post many more doodles.

cheers Jake

Hmm....

Seems that newbies don`t recieve much attention around here...

Is there a special section for beginners maybe?

du solltest noch ein wenig warten bis du hier was postest denk ich anfänger threads werden hier leider desöfteren übersehen.vor allem musst du den leuten was geben.sie wollen tolle bilder nicht das deins jetz ganz schlecht ist,aber übe doch noch ein wenig.gib dir selber den anspron so gut zu werden das die leute hier was dazuschreiben.denn hier sind die absoluten spitzenzbrusher unterwegs.d.h die leute sind echt verwöhnt was gute sachen angeht .ich an deiner stelle würde noch mehr ausprobieren.dynamesh ist klasse.nimm dir fotos als vorlagen zb.oder comicfiguren.versuche einfach deine figuren zu entwickeln.das wird schon
    da hilf nur üben üben üben.und poste nicht jedes kleine bisschen da sonst die thread total überladen sind mit tausend bilder die alle nicht so viel hermachen.was ich mir immer gerne anschaue sind die entwicklungen.also mach ruhig einige bilder von den verschiedenen stufen deiner figuren.

hau rein jake

Cool

Hi Phosforced,

Vielen Dank für die Tipps.

Anfängerfragen postet man dann wohl auch besser erstmal im deutschen Z-brushforum....

Eine Newbiesection wäre echt nicht verkehrt.
    So ist die Einstiegsschwell hier doch ziemlich hoch...

Quote Originally Posted by Phosforced View Post
    du solltest noch ein wenig warten bis du hier was postest denk ich anfänger threads werden hier leider desöfteren übersehen.vor allem musst du den leuten was geben.sie wollen tolle bilder nicht das deins jetz ganz schlecht ist,aber übe doch noch ein wenig.gib dir selber den anspron so gut zu werden das die leute hier was dazuschreiben.denn hier sind die absoluten spitzenzbrusher unterwegs.d.h die leute sind echt verwöhnt was gute sachen angeht .ich an deiner stelle würde noch mehr ausprobieren.dynamesh ist klasse.nimm dir fotos als vorlagen zb.oder comicfiguren.versuche einfach deine figuren zu entwickeln.das wird schon
    da hilf nur üben üben üben.und poste nicht jedes kleine bisschen da sonst die thread total überladen sind mit tausend bilder die alle nicht so viel hermachen.was ich mir immer gerne anschaue sind die entwicklungen.also mach ruhig einige bilder von den verschiedenen stufen deiner figuren.

hau rein jake

Sehe das genauso! Übe und gebe nicht auf und dann wirste bald eine ganz anschauliche Gallerie haben!
    You'll definently in the right way, don't let it bother you when nobody comments your work, your goal should
    always be that you want to inspire and motivate other people with your artwork and having fun during the sculpt sessions!!!
    If you want to contact me, no problem I am also from Germany and maybe we can do a sculpt session with skype or so

Cheers und liebe Grüße,
    Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by KC-Production View Post
    Sehe das genauso! Übe und gebe nicht auf und dann wirste bald eine ganz anschauliche Gallerie haben!
    You'll definently in the right way, don't let it bother you when nobody comments your work, your goal should
    always be that you want to inspire and motivate other people with your artwork and having fun during the sculpt sessions!!!
    If you want to contact me, no problem I am also from Germany and maybe we can do a sculpt session with skype or so

Cheers und liebe Grüße,
    Kenny

Hi Kenny

I will definetly try!
    Quite an impressive range of sculpts already on your behalf I must say! Great expressions.
    And thank you for your kind offer. I will definetly contact you on that.

Also: Vielleicht kannst Du ja auch mit helfen, dem deutschen Z-brush Forum wieder etwas Leben einzuhauchen?

Oder bist Du da schon unterwegs?

cheers Jake

Default Elendfant

This is my first z-sketch.

These free tutorials from digital tutors are really quite helpfull.

Thanks a lot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZsketchElendfant.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	293255  

versuche bei den zsketches die muskeln der kreaturen nachzuempfinden.das klappt super.bei dem elefant stimmt es noch nicht wirklich.

For international language reasons I just reply in english:
    Jake - you are on the right path. It is frustrating that newbies won't recieve a lot of comments.
    I mean I'm not expecting to praise my beginners work but I'm expecting helping hands with problems that appear while learning ZBrush.
    So for me - I was just frustrated as you and hoped the german ZBrush forum would be more helpful - but it actually is worse there since nobody seems to be active.
    For myself I like KCs idea to start a skype sculpting session - maybe we could arrange an online appointment and share thoughts and give each other a helping hand.

It takes a lot of practise to get where you want within ZBrush - I was so frustrated to have ideas in mind but was unable to sculpt them. But after many tutorials and a daily learning process I finally get close to what I have in mind and that's where the ZBrush fun begins. So don't give up - you might think my models are cool - same way I think mine a crap and others are outstanding. But it's a learning curve everybody has to go through - some guys here learn fast and got natural talent and others just need longer.
    However - you stepped into ZBrush at a good realeas point with many good features to help realise what you want to model - such as dynamesh.

VISEone.com

Metal Sculptures | Urban Art

just a little question: Is Jake Rupert the alter ego of Jost Keller? I just checked the marinavonsee project - awesome!

VISEone.com

Metal Sculptures | Urban Art

Default Yes

.....it`s me...

Thanks a lot for the compliment!

Default MiniTigerTank

Just learnt shadowbox and then dynamesh. I find it not easy to reach certain designs you have in mind instead of just doodling.
    The transposetool to alter my meshes are not working like I would expect. Especially the scaling just works in one direction.
    Guess I will have to find atut on this.
    Also to find the right tool with the right parameters for your certain purpose is often difficult because
    Z-brush has just so many possibilities..
    Last edited by Jake Rupert; 02-27-12 at 03:48 AM.

Default tank tread

Here are the tanktread.

Anybody happen to know, how to move different subtools together?

And how to flip a copyed subtool around its x axis?

steep learningcurve..

Anybody happen to know, how to move different subtools together?
    Move one subtool using 'Offset' in 'Deformation' submenu. After selecting the next subtool, click 'Repeat To Active' at the bottom of 'Deformation'. Select another subtools and 'Repeat To Active'

And how to flip a copyed subtool around its x axis?
    'Mirror' buton in 'Deformation' submenu.
    Last edited by zber2; 02-27-12 at 04:45 AM.

Default organize

Hi zbr2,

Thanks a lot. Great help so far.
    Though moving all the chainparts this way would be quite cumbersome.
    After fiddeling around further, I find it very hard to keep my window with the toolsicons organized and finding my way as its fast geting truly chaotic. I have a hard time finding parts and thus building scenes.
    Do I really have to build my scene with subtools only?

Any more hints to get along here better are most welcome.
    Last edited by Jake Rupert; 02-27-12 at 10:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast